Error Message When Trying To Open SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lordpuffer, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordpuffer

lordpuffer Registered Member

I am running Vista Home Premium SP1 64 bit. I have SpywareBlaster v4.2. I was able to open it before, however, when I try to open it now, I get the attached error message. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and get the same message.

Attached Files:

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Did you update or install any security/privacy software between the time SpywareBlaster last ran successfully and the first time it gave that error?

Also, what security/privacy software do you have installed? (i.e. anti-virus, firewall, other anti-spyware, cleaning tools, etc.)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. lordpuffer

Hi javacool.....I'm sure that I must have updated something (or more than one thing) between those two times.....But I'm not sure what. I currently run:

Avira Antivir (always running)
    BOClean (always running)
    COMODO Firewall (always running)
    SuperAntiSpyware
    Ad-Aware 2008
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    Spyware Doctor
    CCleaner

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  4. lordpuffer

Hi javacool....Could you please reply to my last post regarding your question to me? I would really appreciate it. I really want SpywareBlaster to work again. Thanks.:)

5. seattletwodogs

seattletwodogs Registered Member

Does the same answer apply to Error message: 'Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to maccess the item"

Thought I'd mention this here as well as post separately. If not appropriate to mention here, I apologize and wish the poster success in resolving problem.

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Something is interfering with SpywareBlaster's ability to start, and I suspect it may simply be a matter of corrupt or incorrect permissions set on "spywareblaster.exe" in one of your security programs.

Could you please double-check in Comodo Firewall to ensure that "spywareblaster.exe" has all possible permissions? I'm particularly interested in any sort of extra "system defenses"-type protection (I believe it's called Defense+ ?).

If that doesn't solve the problem, please try disabling each resident program one-by-one, to see if that helps narrow down a cause.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

7. lordpuffer

Thanks javacool....I've already allowed every file in the SpywareBlaster folder in COMODO, but I'll fool with Defense+ and see if I can get it to work....I'll also try the other things you mentioned....Thanks so much...I'll let you know what happens:)

8. lordpuffer

You were 100% correct when you thought it may be a setting under Defense+ in COMODO. It was pretty tricky to find, but I found it, and now SpywareBlaster works and I'm Rock'n and Roll'n! Thanks so much for your help javacool.:D

9. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

:thumb:

10. seattletwodogs

seattletwodogs Registered Member

lordpuffer-

As I am not that familiar with Defense+ and I feel Comodo is at the root of my SpywareBlaster problem, could you please elaborate on the steps you took to resolve your issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled SpywareBlaster about 6 times, allowing Comodo to give numerous permissions, quitting after pressing "allow" has resulted in mental and finger fatigue.

Perhaps you know a shortcut, or am I just destined to press "allow" for a few more days or weeks?

Thanks if you are able to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.