Error Message: PartitionExpert 2003

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by VorLon, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VorLon

VorLon Registered Member

I use PartitionExpert 2003 on my Windows XP system and if I just use the bootable media (including program) everything works OK.

However if I set to say make one partition smaller and the adjacent one bigger whilst in windows and then commit that action, the PC reboots as per normal. However as Windows XP loads a blue screen appears (the normal one that shows Progs such as chkdsk etc) but states:-

Acronis PartitionExpert

Error: DISK NOT FOUND

Press any key to reboot your computer.

I hit "return" and the PC reboots and upon loading Winows XP again the same Blue page appears for an instance, showing:-

Acronis PartitionExpert

COMPLETED (however, nothing has changed)

So whatever I do with the windows interface (any type of partition manipulation) I get this Error message, but using the Bootable Media disk solves all problems.

I'm not even sure (as I haven't seen it yet) if the operation is faster in Windows if much data needs to be moved. Because in "Dos" mode it's extremely slow.

Any ideas as to what's causing this Error? Build Version 292

2. Rodross

Rodross Guest

I've had exactly the same problem, and I'll be interested to see what the solution is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.