Error Message: No Hard Drive Present

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by katieboo, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katieboo

katieboo Registered Member

I just bought Disk Cleanser. I created a bootable CD properly. I reboot and the system boots to the Disk Cleanser CD. But it comes up with an error that says "no Hard drive present" when it starts. But when I reboot without the CD in the drive it boots fine into windows XP.

I have a Dell XPS with XP Home, dual 160GB Raid 0 drives.

2. christra

christra Registered Member

I have exactly the same issue. Am using an Intel Desktop Board D102GGC2 with ATI IXP Southbridge Chipset for SATA Interface.

I have been able to use the Boot CD with another motherboard - ASUS P4P800SE with Intel Chipset.

Have noticed that the last available update for Acronis Drive Cleanser is #412 almost one year ago.

Can Acronis Drive Cleanser be refreshed to include support for the above Chipset? Perhaps the Dell XPS has a similar chipset?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello katieboo and christra,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the word "quiet", click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

Collect the sysinfo.txt file from the diskette and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. christra

christra Registered Member

F11 doesn't seem to work. Any other suggestions?

5. Acronis Support

Hello christra,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

This issue has been forwarded to our Expert Team. We will let you know the results of their investigation as soon as possible. As this can take a few days, we apologize in advance for any delay with response.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

6. Acronis Support

Hello christra,

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you wish to contact Kirill Omelchenko. Attach the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) to your request along with the link to this thread. I'll certainly provide you with the further instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.