Error message in Windows Live Mail

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by webster, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webster

webster Registered Member

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you try lowering protection from Maximum to High? That should let the command send properly :)

Let me know your results!

3. webster

Hi Joe,

Tried to lower protection as low as "Detection only", but the error message still occurs. It goes away when i disable SO completely.

4. horseman

horseman Registered Member

Intriguing - I've been chasing my tail for a couple of weeks over a suspect conflict with WLM and PXSOL. This emanated as IEFrame.dll exceptions and it recently "healed up" which left me frustratingly trying to reproduce the problem since. See > https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=275179

When it was reproducible it would only occur when invoking WLM (email submenu option) from the OIA bar on RH bottom corner, which (for a hotmail account) then called IE8 which threw a IEFrame exception. Disabling SOL (or Trusteer Rapport) solved the problem......

However while researching I recall I did come across a suggestion that if you have multiple browsers then you sometimes need to toggle the default browser selection back to IE8....

Might be a longshot but if you have multiple browsers and haven't tried it already......

5. PrevxHelp

Could you try sending the scan log again if it didn't work before? I don't believe I've received one but we've had a couple users report WLM issues in the past that were fixed easily with a scan log analysis centrally.

Thanks! :)

6. webster

Anything new about this Joe?

7. PrevxHelp

I still don't appear to have received the scan log :doubt: Could you try sending it again in a RAR or 7z file? Thanks :)

8. webster

I posted it in a PM.

9. webster

Joe, i posted a log to your report email a few days ago, with a link to this thread. Have you recieved it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.