Error message "Error: (CHK007) No further system changes are allowed on this license"

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Daddelkasper, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddelkasper

Daddelkasper Registered Member

Hi, I want to reinstall PREVX on my new 64-bit machine because that's the one I am using now. But when I go to deactivate the computer, I get the error message in my subject line. How do I fix this?

Best regards

Daddelkasper

2. markusg

markusg Registered Member

login in to your my prevx console. you can see the suport inbox or something like this. open, write a message, i think this is the best you can do :)

3. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

It's all he can do, i see this all the time and have been reset by support many times. :)

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

If you haven't already sent in a message to our customer support inbox, I've sent you a PM :)

Thanks!

5. wytco0

wytco0 Registered Member

Any idea when this problem is going to be fixed? I have just sent a support request to have mine reset, I thought it might be due to my licence expiring soon but I am still getting the message even after renewing for 3 years.

Its very annoying !!!

6. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

1-23 hours being my experience, usually what i would call fast support aka 2-4 hours. You're not alone (i've seen it multiple time) and yes, it is profoundly annoying & one must hope Prevx gets on top of these issues in time, it's due to the way Prevx implement their system so that "no one" are able to cheat from what i understand.

The drawback is what you and me see very often the "Error: (CHK007) No further system changes are allowed on this license" or the "L055" which i'm having on at the moment and are working on with Joe. :)

7. wytco0

wytco0 Registered Member

They sorted mine in about 5-10 minutes which is brilliant. thanks Prevx support I could not ask for better support than that.

However I would still like this to be managebale by me ASAP as I am sure I will hit it again fairly soon.

8. PrevxHelp

If you sign up for MyPrevx, you will be able to manage your license keys directly :)

9. wytco0

wytco0 Registered Member

Now you have gone and spoilt it, I am signed up to MyPrevx and had you read the thread you would know from that this does not always work !!

10. PrevxHelp

MyPrevx does have some limitations to prevent abuse but if you are just reinstalling your operating system or making a major hardware change, you should be able to deactivate it a reasonable number of times. Some users tend to reformat frequently and we recommend that those users make a system image with Prevx already installed as a "base line" and then change their software configurations from there.

11. wytco0

wytco0 Registered Member

This is now getting very annoying, I and getting the error message again.

I have 4 PCs protected but I have to rebuild or change them fairly often.

Yesterday I was told mine had been reset and I was able to adjust them but now I am getting the same problem again. (I only changed one PC)

This is extreemly frustrating especially as I have just renewed my licence for 3 years.

PLease let me know hen this issue is going to be sorted out properly.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  12. PrevxHelp

Could you please send me a PM with your license key? If it would be possible, we recommend putting Prevx on the default system image already activated so that you won't have to reset your license key further.

Thank you!

13. wytco0

wytco0 Registered Member

PM sent with licence details and I also sent a support note about 12 hours ago.

The suggestion of using an image is no use to me. I am an IT professional and I change and reconfigue my PCs fairly frequently. I cannot make an image that would work for this, even a base image.

This problem needs a proper solution, I undertstand the need to protect Prevx but this should not be at the cost of huge inconvenience to paying users.

Regards

Tim C

14. PrevxHelp

I've deactivated your license key now so you should be able to use it properly on the reimaged PC. We're working on changes which will be implemented into Prevx 4.0 but in the meantime we unfortunately have to use a manual process to reset license keys with operating system changes.

Prevx 4.0 will link the license key to hardware better instead of linking it to an operating system installation but please let me know if you anticipate changing your license key in the future or reinstalling your OS and I can preemptively reset your license key so that you will have a seamless install process.

Sorry for the inconvenience but we should be able to correct your license quickly as you reimage in the future.

15. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Hear, hear!

It's a big problem that's been present for a few years now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.