Error message E0007000F: Invalid File Size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by acetas, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acetas

acetas Registered Member

I have both Acronis True Image 8.0 and Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0 installed on my Win98SE 1.4GHz Celeron powered system, with one WD1200 HD online.

Three days ago, when I (logically) connected to my BellSouth DSL line, I noticed a great deal of unusual data flow to/from my computer, before I had clicked on the icon to actually connect to the ISP/homepage. And my disk activity light showed continuous activity.

That was too unusual, so I reached down and disconnected my computer from the DSL modem.

I then did a normal shutdown of the computer and then tried to bring it back up (cold boot) on the Win98SE system that I had set for default. It was the same OS that was being used when I started to get onto the internet (above). The system would not boot up on that version, so I used Acronis OS Selector to boot on the backup Win98SE OS. That version booted up OK.

As I figured that I had been hit by a virus (in spite of having a current updated version of Norton Anti-Virus and Norton Internet Security installed and active).... I started backing up my data files to CD-R (using Nero), getting ready to employ True Image 8.0 build 796 (full uninstall/reinstall; what a pain!), to do an image backup to the of the 29.5GB C: partition to the 29.5GB D: partition of the WD1200 HD.

I had purposefully only partioned 60GB on the WD1200 HD, and left the remaining 60GB unused, so that I could later try to clone the WD1200 to a spare WD600 that I keep off line... but that is another story.

Had no problems with Nero in copying the data directories and files to CD-Rs.

But when I tried to use Acronis True Image to put .tib files of the C: partition onto the D: partition, I got the following message:

"E0007000F: Some of the selected partitions have the following error: Invalid File Size"

So I rebooted to DOS command, and ran Scandisk on both the C: and D: partitions, running all tests except the full surface scan. No problems reported by Scandisk.

So I rebooted, using OS Selector, to the working version of Win98SE and tried again to use True Image to put an image of the C: partition (21GB of 29.5GB being used) to the D: partition, and once again got the "E0007000F..." error message.

Using, OS Selector, I deleted the old Win98 version that was apparently damaged by the virus. Then I copied the backup Win98SE OS so that I would, once again, have two versions of Win98SE on C:

I tried booting the new copy, using OS Selector, and it worked fine.

But still can't get True Image to put .tib image files of C: partition onto the D: partition. I still get the "E0007000F..." message.

And Scandisk still does NOT report any errors on the C: or D: partitions. I have not done a full surface scan of the WD1200 as it will take a long time, and I don't think that there is any problem there anyway.

Since I can't even get True Image to image the C: partition to .tib files on the D: partition, I have not yet tried to put either of my offline backup HDs online to try to clone the WD1200 (I have two offline backup HDs, a WD600 and a WD1200). I don't want to chance having True Image screw one of them up. I have a number of programs installed, and do NOT want to chance having to find all the old source CDs and re-install them, so I do not want to lose any of my "grandfather-father-son" HDs.

I have spent over 2 hours searching through your FAQs and through this forum, and used Google to search for "E0007000F: Some of the selected partitions have the following error: Invalid File Size", with no success.

How can I find what the actual problem is that True Image is reporting with the "E0007000F..(Invalid File Size)" error message... when Win98SE's Scandisk says there is no problem?

And how can I correct it?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello acetas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please create Acronis Report and send it along with the screenshots of your actions and the error message to support@acronis.com? Also please include the link to this thread into your letter. Our Support Team will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. na222

na222 Registered Member

this "invalid file size" problem has been around for a long time according to the past messages.
    why hasn't acronis found a solution by now!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello na222,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

This problem can be resulted from different reasons that is why we need some diagnostics from everyone who encounter this issue. Please send the screenshots of your actions and the error message and Acronis Report to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. To get Acronis Report please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.