Error message E000101F4, no hard drives found.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ewokimpi, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewokimpi

ewokimpi Registered Member

:rolleyes:

Usually I use Acronis 9.0 v2337 from the boot CD image to backup my system. This does just fine. I've also tested the resulting images by restoring them to a test drive to see that the product is working.

According to the windows log, the last time I ran Acronis from inside windows XP was around February 15th 2006, shortly after I purchased the product. At that time it also worked fine, creating good save images.

This morning when I opened Acronis in Windows XP the product gave the following message:

E000101F4: Acronis True Image has not found any disk drives.

Naturally, I cannot use the product in windows to do a backup. I am assuming at the moment that the boot CD will still work.

In all other respects, this system appears to be running fine.

System: Windows XP Pro, SP2, updates applied thru March 2006
    Hardware: ASUS mb A8N32-SLI
    Athlon 4400+, 2gb main memory
    3 disk drive, 160gb PATA drive (backup drive), E:
    250gb SATA drive C: XP boot drive
    250gb SATA drive D: date
    2 DVD drives

Software:
    Symantec NIS 2006
    Roxio Easy CD & DVD creator (back version, probably v6)
    .. was Cakewalk Pyro as burner software instead....

Current pagefile.sys size, 2gb

I'm guessing that recent changes to XP, or NIS, or the uninstall of Cakewalk Pyro followed by the install of Roxio is responsible for the problem.

Tomorrow or the day after I will do normal system maintenance, which will include using the boot CD to backup my system (I am assuming that will work. If it doesn't, things will start to look grimmer....).
    At that time I will uninstall Acronis and reinstall it. Hopefully that will fix the problem. If not, then I'll try the new version, 3567.

Should there be anything else I should try? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanx for your time. :)

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

3. ewokimpi

Patch KB908531 is not yet installed on this machine.

The last backup I did from inside Windows XP Pro was on Feb 15th.

After that backup, these MS patches have been applied:

Windows XP Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - March 2006 (KB890830) Wednesday, March 15, 2006 Windows Update
    Windows XP Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) Wednesday, March 15, 2006 Windows Update
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446) Wednesday, February 15, 2006 Windows Update
    Windows XP Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - February 2006 (KB890830) Wednesday, February 15, 2006 Windows Update
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows Media Player Plug-in (KB911564) Wednesday, February 15, 2006 Windows Update
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB911927) Wednesday, February 15, 2006 Windows Update
    Windows XP Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 for Windows XP (KB911565) Wednesday, February 15, 2006 Windows Update

I have circumstantial evidence that suggests that I burned a recovery CD on February 18th. As I did not observe the problem error message then, the February MS patches would seem to be eliminated as a direct cause.

March patches wouldn't seem to be candidates either, as those are routine.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ewokimpi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. ewokimpi

Thank you, I will do as you suggest in the next couple of days.

An added bit of information: In the MS computer management application, in Drive Management, no harddrive shows a drive letter anymore. However, Windows Explorer/My Computer do show correct drive letters.

6. ewokimpi

Problem resolved.

Installing Acronis build 3567 did the trick. The application opens now, and is able to create archives under Windows XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.