Error message after restoring to new hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kbfresh, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbfresh

kbfresh Registered Member

My HP Pavilion laptop came with a 10GB Hard Drive.

I got a new 40GB hard drive to replace it.

I made an image (with Acronis True Image Version 7 build 638 ) of my 10 GB Hard Drive. I imaged the entire disk (It has a small partition which I think is used for when the disk is hibernating it was labeled "Save Disk" or something like that and the main 9+GB partition which is my C: Drive). The image was saved onto my USB Hard Drive.

I restored the image(from my USB Hard Drive) onto my new 40GB Hard Drive, using an Acronis Boot CD.

I then rebooted my computer with the new 40GB hard drive installed.

When the computer boots:
    • I hear a load beep
    • I see a message on the screen of my laptop which says: "Non-system disk, press any key..."
    • When I press a key my computer starts Windows XP and I am able to log into my laptop

Other info which may be useful:
    I am using a laptop with Windows XP Professional SP2.
    I see that my C: Drive on the new 40GB drive IS marked as Primary and Active. (The small "Hibernate" partition is marked as Primary)
    I've made sure there are no floppy disks or CD ROM disks in my computer which are causing the message. The hard drive is definitely causing the "Non-system disk" message.

Any ideas why the new 40GB drive is not initially getting recognized as a system disk?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.