Error loading Vista after restoring partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by purell, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purell

purell Registered Member

I restored the primary vista partition using ver 10. After boot - I received error message saying can't find windows\system32\winload.exe.

I went into vista setup - repair - it said partition wasn't declared. It fixed it in 10 seconds - rebooted and now it's fine.

Seems like ver 10 restored the partition, but lost the partition info or something. BUG:'(

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Did you select the option to restore the MBR along with the partition - or did you leave this blank?

If you did include it, has your partition layout changed since you backed up ?

F.

3. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

4. purell

purell Registered Member

I left it blank first - restored. Then went in and did it again and selected mbr option.

On the please select a partition or a whole hard drive to restore screen - it didn't allow to select both.
    It allowed to me to choose either mbr or hd not both.

Then rebooted again but got the same error.

Maybe I had to choose the mbr first? I don't know doesn't make sense.

Version 8 was faster in restoring and didn't have these bugs. Maybe I should try version 8 in vista. lol

Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.