Error installation on Vista 64

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Zuffox, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuffox

Zuffox Registered Member

I've been able to install my ESET SS on Vista 32 bit and XP Pro (albeit on other computers), but this time something ***** up when trying to install the program. When trying to install the program (x64 version), I get the following message upon reaching the very end of the installation:

error6jz8.png
    http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3374/error6jz8.png

Halp.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

What is the exact name of the file you are trying to install on the computer?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Zuffox

Zuffox Registered Member

Hi, Aryeh.

The exact file name is ess_nt64_enu.msi.

I tried again, and this time I reproduced another outcome I'd forgotten about; the program seems to install, but the icon does not appear in the tray. Upon inspecting the folder, all I see is the (empty) Driver folder and some .dat files.

(Deleting the folder and trying again, I get the error originally posted)

4. Zuffox

Zuffox Registered Member

Still no answer from ESET. Should I contact them again by email?

5. bkdragon23

bkdragon23 Registered Member

Have you tried to right-click on the setup file and "Run as Administrator" to begin the setup? Also, make sure your account has full permissions to the Program Files folder. Good luck!

-Kevin

6. Zuffox

Zuffox Registered Member

There's no button for running the installer as admin, but when trying to change permissions for Program Files, I get an error message saying that I can't do that.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

8. Zuffox

Zuffox Registered Member

No I haven't - I've attached the files and sent an updated mail to ESET (who have yet to reply to my query at all. :ouch:

I'll update you how or if it pans out - if it works I'll post the fix for people to use in the future.

9. agoretsky

Hello,

If you are still experiencing difficulty installing ESET Smart Security under Microsoft Windows Vista x64, then please download a copy of ESET SysInspector on your computer, create a log file, and mail it to support@eset.sk with a link to this message thread.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

10. Zuffox

Zuffox Registered Member

Hi Aryeh.

I had a long session with a EuroSecure (Danish/Scandinavian ESET) supporter (Morten Jensen) who tried all sorts of things out via remote access control. We tried out literally everything, and he had to give up ask me to wait it out on getting an answer from ESET.

But upon finally getting an answer, I get ~Snip~ from ESET - beyond ridiculous.

I'm getting the feeling that all ideas have been exhausted and that all that remains is to ask for a refund. Or?

Edited: Private communication link removed per the TOS

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008
  11. agoretsky

Hello,

Try deleting the contents of the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ directory and the directory pointing to by the %TEMP% environment variables (not the directories themselves, just what is inside of them) and then re-run the installation program. Does that make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.