Error in Vista with Home 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Morkafur, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morkafur

Morkafur Registered Member

I created a new backup with Home 10 this morning under Vista. Worked OK.

I can do the verify using the product and it says all is OK.

The problem is that ...

If I double click just the Acronis backup file name in an Explorer view -- rather than the product launching first, I get the error:

"Windows Explorer has stopped working"

(I tried this 5 times each time with the same error.)

Then Explorer restarts but the backup list or Acronis never starts/appears.

The only way things work is to start Acronis Home 10 FIRST, THEN do everything.

This appears to be a serious bug.

I turned off all my firewall software and anything else that could have affected this.

Am I missing something?

Suggestions? Update available? This Bug Fixed?

I just received this software from Amazon yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

- M

P.S. I was a bit surprised by the low GB count given that Vista said it had taken up 34 GB, but the Acronis backup file was only a little over 10GB. Well, that may not be a problem. Not sure.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

You have found what I believe is a know bug in the current build of TI 10. Just don't double click on .Tib files and wait for a new build to fix the problem.

You can access the .tib files from within TI as you did for verification if you need to do a restore.

I have also noticed that the backups of Vista installations are unusually small. I found a 28GB used space on the hard drive backed up to less than 10GB. I believe the swap files, etc. which are not included in the backup because they will be automatically recreated by Vista probably account for the unusually small backups.

Perhaps someone who has a more specific answer could chime in here.

At any rate, I'm glad they are smaller than I expected.

3. Morkafur

Morkafur Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.

I have build 4871 so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

You'd think someone would have tested basic functionality like double clicking on a .tib file, eh? That's pretty much standard workflow from a _user's_ point of view.

-- M

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

I have build 4942 running on Vista and I can double-click on .tib files and they open properly without crashing Explorer. Can you update to the latest build to see if this fixes your problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.