error in ADVSCAN.dll

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tutankamon, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

HI all,
    I have re installed TDS3, got everything up and running again, all ok until I updated yesterday,(Sunday 4 jan) now when I try to do a full scan I get this message, "TDS has caused an error in ADVSCAN.DLL. TDS will now close" and then TDS closes down. What has happened?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

And what happens if you try to update again (radius - if necessary manually)? Did you reboot after installing TDS and i suppose you put your keyfile in as well?

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Tut, Can you check that your ADVSCAN.DLL is the same as mine please?
    77KB - 78,848 bytes. I am concerned that they may be some corruption of the file.
    As jooske has suggested maybe the Radius file was corrupt, rename it radius.old and replace it with the one from here : http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update

Thanks. Pilli

4. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi Jooske, Pilli,
    Sorry for the delay in replying,I had to break off, to go to work. Yes my ADVSCAN.DLL was the same as yours 77 kb (78,84:cool: so I renamed the Radius file ".old" then downloaded a new one from your link. shut down, rebooted, and ran a full system scan, this time everything is ok. Incidently, I always use the manual download, it worked everytime until yesterday (Sunday 4 jan) just a bad download eh?

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Great Tut, Glad you have got it sorted :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.