Error E00070021?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Saigonian, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saigonian

Saigonian Registered Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to this forum, if I make this post in wrong forum please move it to the approciated room.

I'm using True Image 9, and it worked perfectly. But recently, it can not make the image for my hard disk, it says:
    "Error E00070021: Cannot access drive
    Cannot create image of.... because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sectors"

And I know for sure that my drive doesn't have any bad sectors (checked).

I've checked this forum and there's no post related this error. Please anyone show my how to fix it. Your helps are greatly appreciated.

Saigonian

P.s: Pardon my English.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

When you checked the drive, did you use checkdsk /r ?

Colin

3. Saigonian

Hi Bodgy,
    Thank you so much for fast reply. Yes, I did use that command and it returned no error.
    Therefore, True Image worked perfectly but recently (about one week ago), I can't make it works anymore. I think we can do a backup by booting from the rescue disc, but it made True Image useless! I like it because we can working and do backup at the same time.

4. Saigonian

Oh my God, I just did another chkdsk.exe and got this error:

"Chkdsk cannot run because the drive is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? Y/N"

I just installed the new Windows Search (from Microsoft) a few days ago... I don't know if this is the reason?

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Just say YES and reboot [​IMG]

Xpilot

6. Saigonian

Hi Xpilot,
    Thank you so much. I did say YES and rebooted. The CHKDSK tool did the job well and return no error. But the problem still persist!
    Actually, I just fixed the problem! It's because of Windows New Search Engine. I restored my system to an earlier state before I installed that search tool and now, everything works just fine.
    I would like to say Thanks! to everyone who helped me to solve the problem! Thanks you guys! Have a great day!
    Saigonian

7. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Hello Saigonian, Thanks for letting us know that all is now well after eliminating the Windows new search engine. Is that the one known as Desktop Search or is it a different animal?
    Normally when True Image is run any other background processes are suspended while TI takes it's snapshot for imaging purposes and then the other applications can safely be resumed.
    It is important that TI developers pick up on this if it is something that they should fix.

Thanks again

Xpilot

8. Saigonian

Mr

Hi Xpilot,
    Yes, it is called Windows Desktop Search, which is included in Windows Vista (I think so) and I downloaded it from Microsoft's website (I'm using WindowsXP). They says it will give you an instant result when you want to search for any file.
    After thinking it could be the problem, I checked the task and see there were 3 strange processes named: SearchIndex.exe and two others which I forgot its name. I terminated those 3 and run TI again, still no luck. Unfortunately, there is no way to uninstall the new search engine (I use Smarty Uninstaller 1.6) because it's not appear in the list. Luckily, I had a backup of my computer before I installed Desktop Search. I restored it and the problem has gone! I'm so happy now!

With this case, I hope that TI developers will have some solutions to prevent it happens, because if you have to boot from CD to make a backup, we/users may end up uninstalling TI and find some other softwares instead. Because we all love it when we have it backing up our computer while we're using our computer, don't we?
    Windows Vista is coming, I hope this problem will be solved soon!

P.s: Again, pardon my English.
    Saigonian

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Mr

Hello Saigonian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that we have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image before and so we would like to investigate this one with your assistance, if you have time for this of course.

Could you please do the following?

1) Download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it and see if the problem persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Download SnapAPI.dll

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the downloaded one

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file.

The log file will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log

2) Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

3) Please also send us the log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Whether or not you can uninstal Desktop search, I think you can diasble most of its functions, whihc might release the disk for ATI and other
    operations.

It is a pernicous littel program, though.
    sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.