Error E00070020 - Acronis TI10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Wizit, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizit

Wizit Registered Member

Hello all

I have read many posts talking about this problem and I felt that I needed to add my own post so that hopefully one of the administrators will take this issue seriously and fix it.

I have an internal 500G Seagate drive and an identical external USB drive. My archives are on the external drive. All images create and validate successfully under Windows. I have the latest version of TI10 Build 4942.

I had a situation tonight where I thought I had to recover my C Partition as I could not boot into Windows at all. I booted to my recovery CD, found my image and went to recover but then received the error E00070020 and it said the image was corrupt. I tried to validate separately (from this bootable disk) and got the same error. I checked all archives and they all had the same error.

Later, Windows suddenly worked again (still don't know why) and I ran a validation of my archives - completed fine under Windows. If I need to urgently recover Windows or my data, how are we supposed to do that if the bootable media will not allow the action? A lot of people seem to be having the same problem and I can't believe they all have memory problems or chkdsk issues.

Please advise urgently how to fix this problem. Maybe it is simply better bootable media? I don't know but hopefully someone out there does...

I am now creating new image files, for all the good it will do if I actually need to recover them!!!!!

Thanks
    Wizit

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Wizit,

Assuming you created the Acronis bootable rescue CD via TI 10 Build 4942, and that you have sufficient free space on your internal HD, temporarily copy one of the complete backup sets to the internal HD.

Boot from the rescue CD and see if you can successfully validate the image on the internal drive. If you can, then that would suggest that the Linux device drivers on the rescue CD do not play nicely with your computer's USB sub-system and/or external HD enclosure's USB-to-IDE-Bridge chipset. In which case, try booting from the rescue CD into TI's Safe mode and checking whether the TI can detect the external USB HD via Safe mode's use of DOS and your motherboard's built-in BIOS routines.

If it can, then you may be able to successfully validate/restore an image stored on the USB drive. However, be aware that this could be very slow as it would probably be carried out at USB 1.0/1.1 data transfer speed rather than USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (40 times faster). Alternatively, collect the necessary info and contact Support at Acronis as detailed in the forum thread titled Please Read Before You Post. They may be able to provide you with a special ISO image containing compatible Linux device drivers, which you then burn to CD as a new bootable rescue CD (links to suitable instructions for burning a bootable ISO image via Nero, Roxio or other software are provided towards the end of the above named forum thread).

Regards

Menorcaman

3. Wizit

Wizit Registered Member

Menorcaman

The Acronis bootable rescue CD was created via TI 10 Build 4942 - with Safe Mode included. As you suggested, I copied a 12GB image to an internal HDD.

I booted into Acronis via the CD and it successfully validated the image on the internal HDD in approx 7mins. I booted into Safe Mode but it did not see my ext USB drive at all, even though I am connected to the on-board USB-2 port.

I must mention here that when I did boot with the TI10 CD, I got two errors while loading:
    ohci1394_0:self ID received outside of bus reset sequence
    usb.c:USB device not responding, giving up (error=-110)
    which I guess are related to my problem...o_O My USB mouse does not work in this environment either which I guess is what the errors were telling me.

I have also contacted Acronis Support and they gave me a link to a TI11 rescue CD which I created. I booted OK with no errors this time which was great and my USB mouse worked perfectly. However, I got the same problem trying to validate an image from my ext USB drive - it started with a green bar or two but then failed again. Once again, the internal HDD image validated fine.

I have asked Acronis support whether they can provide a special ISO image as you suggested. I will keep you posted.

If you have any further input, please provide as I would love to get this working (of course).

Thanks
    Wizit

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

you can probably get the mouse to work by doing this, when you boot the CD and get to screen where you can select full or safe mode, press F11 and then use tab key to highlight the word "quiet" on the command line, the press space and type "usbmouse=off" without the quotes on the command line after th word "quiet" and separated by a space or two. then tab to the OK button and press enter. This will prevent the BootCD from loading certain usbmouse drivers that clearly are not working with your mouse -- and once you select full or safe mode and press enter, and ATI loads, your mouse will probably work fine.

The validation issue is a deeper mystery. :(

5. Wizit

Wizit Registered Member

Error E00070020 Solved by Acronis

Hello All

I posted in this Forum late 2007 about getting this error when I tried to validate my image file.

I finally emailled Acronis Support directly and they were excellent. Almost every 2-3 days for a number of weeks, we emailled back and forth. Acronis provided various bootCD images to try while I provided relevant feedback.

My problems, apart from the error were that the bootCD did not always recognise either my external USB drive or my internal SATA drive. When it did see my USB drive, access was extremely slow.

In the end, the only thing that worked was when Acronis told me to create a BART PE boot CD with an Acronis plug-in which they provided. Now everything works perfectly with no errors. For SATA support, I did have to download the MassStorage Driver Pack DriverPacks_BartPE_Plugin.exe, following the instructions on the www for installation instructions.

If you are getting this error, email Acronis and ask about the Bart PE boot CD.

This was the answer I needed.

Thanks
    Wizit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.