Error E00070004 while backup to external HDD through wireless router

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fchoi88, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fchoi88

fchoi88 Registered Member

I went through the forum and noticed there were quite many comments that they encountered the same error msg while backing up to external Hard Disk and yet seems no good solution found yet. Can anyone or Arconis Support help on my below situation ?

I want to use my external HDD in wireless environment to do the backup for my 2 notebooks. I encountered error msg " E00070004: Failed to write data to an Archive file. A possible reason maybe poor media quality." when the backup processs went through some 30%. I tried it for both of my notebooks and got the same result. My external hard disk is a new one and I checked my external hard disk using chkdk/r and no problem found before the backup. I am wireless link the external HDD to both my notebooks through an wireless router (SMC brand) and always can write/retrieve data to/from the extenal HDD without problem. However, when it comes to using True Image 9.0 for backup. It just doesn't work in a wireless environment and returned with the error msg. However, when I direct attached my external HDD with USB to my notebooks, the backup with True Image 9 to the external HDD can function without problem. Can I have some really useful advice to overcome the problem for backup through wireless router? Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fchoi88,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround.

Please also send us the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please create Windows System Information and provide us with the exact vendor and model of the USB hard drive and wireless router you use. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please also take a look at this previous post about wireless network support in the current version of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. 2pods

2pods Registered Member

If there is any solution, please let me know.

I'm in the same situation :(

P

4. Acronis Support

Hello 2pods,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I would recommend that you collect the information described in my post above and then submit a request for technical support. The reason is that the investigation process usually includes some instructions how to obtain certain files, create logs, etc and it would be more simple to do it via e-mail. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I have understood that up to now True image does not support backing up or restoring over wireless networks.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Unless there has been a fundamental change in the Linux based rescue CD then for Windows mode it's a "maybe" but from the rescue CD it's a definite "no, no". See this <previous Acronis Support reply>.

Regards

7. Acronis Support

Hello Xpilot,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, the post Menorcaman refers to is up-do-date.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.