Error E000101F4:

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by calahan, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calahan

calahan Registered Member

I’m getting Error E000101F4; Acronis True Image Home has not found any hard disk drives” Acronis True Image Home had been working fine until some disk corruption caused by an ugly shutdown during a power outage. Upon restart WinXP moved some clusters during bootup. Everything else is running fine so I didn’t run Acronis. I’ve just added an internal SATA hard drive as drive #3 in addition to the 2 IDE drives.

I downloaded the Acronis True Image product update and installed it but I get the same “no hard drives found” error message. Searching through the forums here on error E000101F4 didn’t yield this situation – is there a fix for this?

2. calahan

calahan Registered Member

Fixed – all is well. After posting I downloaded SnapAPI_I_s_e.exe version 3.0.0.297 and did the repair drivers install with logging disabled. Machine rebooted and now Acronis is functional again. Found the link for the SnapAPI from a link on a search for a similar problem and figured it was worth a shot and it worked.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello calahan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay with the response.

We are really glad to hear that you managed to solve the problem on your own.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. accenture

accenture Registered Member

I had this problem while I tried to run TI from BartPE ("no harddisks installed"). Is there any solution to this?

Could this have anything to do with the fact that my laptop is pretty new (Samsung x60), while the BartPE CD was generated from XP SP2?

5. accenture

accenture Registered Member

It may have to do with the SATA (Intel 82801GBM/GHM ICH7-M) Adapter... or it may not.

I first tried to create the BartPE CD from an XP SP2 CD by adding the Acronis plugin. Everything went ok, all drives were visible in Explorer, but Acronis said there were no discs installed, when trying to do a full backup. Funny enough, f&f backup showed me all partitions in order to save the backup, with no problems.

The I tried to install all extra driver packs from driverpacks.net. I couldn't boot with the text-mode massstorage drivers enabled (no atiide.sys found..?), so I disabled them but I let all other packs be slipstreamed. The laptop booted ok and the drives were visible, but again, TI didn't wanted to see them.

Next I tried to boot from both BartPE CDs within VmWare server. This one should emulate an IDE harddisk. The behaviour of WinPE and TI remained the same, so TI could not find any discs.

The last thing I did was to test both BartPE CDs on my old Toshiba laptop from 2002, with IDE. Still the same behavior, still no discs found by TI.

I begin to believe slowly that this a TI problem is and not a SATA one.

Any ideas?

6. cyberinsekt

cyberinsekt Registered Member

The error E000101F4 means you have a problem with the hard disk driver. I had the same problem working with Acronis True Image.

I updated my driver on my hard drive and Acronis refused to acknowledge my hard drives. I rolled back the changes and it worked.

My advice would be to look closely at your hard disk drivers, replace them with newer or even older ones (it was actually updating my drives that caused me the hassle in the first place.

The error is definitely driver related, I promise you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.