Error creating image on ftp (true image server)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Spider3, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider3

Spider3 Registered Member

Hi,
    i am trying to backup data on a ftp server inside my network from a Windows 2000 Computer SP4. I am running the last Acronis version (3832).
    I can connect without problems to my FTP and browse the files using a ftp client. Task complete successfully if I save the image on a local drive.

I got the following error:
    Fehler beim Erstellen der Datei. (0x4000A)
    Tag = 0x74C96BD8D1217EA5

and then a popup message if I want to retry.

Note: I am running the same task from others computer on Windows 2003 server and i 've no problems.
    An interesting note is that when i type the address of the FTP where I need to select the location to save the image, it asks me for user/pass but after that i cannot browse the folders inside from the left side menu (thing that I can do in the acronis on windows 2003).

Thank you for you help,

Mirto

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Spider3,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

In order to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround we need some additional information:

Could you please collect the ftp.log file and the log file from Acronis True Image that contains the error message the way described in this post?

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Dr Z

Dr Z Registered Member

Hi !
    I'm having the same problem on the trial version of True image Home 10.
    Backing up to FTP just tells me "Error while creating file" (translated from french, forgive me if it sounds strange ! )

Here is the log I got :
    _ START OF LOG ___________________________________________________
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log build="1" product="Acronis True Image Home" task="BCF82719-8D87-46B9-B2DE-DE2518391F07" uuid="850CAB67-732E-40A3-9B5D-6585375269CA" version="1.0">
    <event code="2" id="1" level="2" message="Opération &quot;Sauvegarde&quot; démarrée" module="100" time="1182003569" />
    <event code="11" id="2" level="3" message="Priorité changée en Haute " module="100" time="1182003570" />
    <event code="140" id="3" level="2" message="La création du support de démarrage a démarré." module="100" time="1182003570" />
    <event code="142" id="4" level="2" message="Création du support de démarrage réussie." module="100" time="1182003571" />
    <event code="506" id="5" level="2" message="Verrouillage de la partition C:..." module="1" time="1182003573" />
    <event code="1008" id="6" level="2" message="&lt;bold>Création d'une sauvegarde complète&lt;/bold>&lt;endl/>&lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>Depuis: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Applications et données&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Vers le fichier: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>&quot;ftp://backup.spad.info/&quot;&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Compression: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>normale&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Exclusion: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Fichiers correspondant au filtre&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Filtres concordants: &lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>*.bak, *.~, *.tmp, &lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>&lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1182003577" />
    <event code="10" id="7" level="2" message="Erreur de création du fichier." module="4" time="1182003578" />
    <event code="10" id="8" level="4" message="Erreur de création du fichier.

Appuyez sur &lt;bold>Réessayer&lt;/bold> pour essayer à nouveau ou sur &lt;bold>Annuler&lt;/bold> pour annuler l'opération et arrêter.: Réessayer/annUler" module="4" time="1182003578" />
    <event code="10" id="9" level="2" message="Erreur de création du fichier.

Appuyez sur &lt;bold>Réessayer&lt;/bold> pour essayer à nouveau ou sur &lt;bold>Annuler&lt;/bold> pour annuler l'opération et arrêter.: Réessayer/annUler: Réponse utilisateur: Réessayer" module="4" time="1182003589" />
    <event code="10" id="10" level="2" message="Erreur de création du fichier." module="4" time="1182003590" />
    <event code="10" id="11" level="4" message="Erreur de création du fichier.

Appuyez sur &lt;bold>Réessayer&lt;/bold> pour essayer à nouveau ou sur &lt;bold>Annuler&lt;/bold> pour annuler l'opération et arrêter.: Réessayer/annUler" module="4" time="1182003590" />
    <event code="10" id="12" level="2" message="Erreur de création du fichier.

Appuyez sur &lt;bold>Réessayer&lt;/bold> pour essayer à nouveau ou sur &lt;bold>Annuler&lt;/bold> pour annuler l'opération et arrêter.: Réessayer/annUler: Réponse utilisateur: annUler" module="4" time="1182003591" />
    <event code="10" id="13" level="4" message="Erreur de création du fichier." module="4" time="1182003593" />
    <event code="1" id="14" level="3" message="Interrompu par l'utilisateur" module="100" time="1182003594" />
    </log>
    ___ END OF LOG _________________________________________________

I'm trying to save to a distant FTP...

Thanks
    Stephane

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dr Z,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure your FTP server is configured as described in the User's Guide.

If the issue persists, please collect the information requested by Aleksandr in his post, and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.