Error -> corrupted backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lmk, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmk

lmk Registered Member

Hi there,

When I mount my backup I am getting an empty drive. When trying to verify it gives me:
    The archive is corrupted
    Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated. Details: Image corrupted (0x70020) Tag = 0x0 The file is corrupted. (0x4000D) Tag = 0x6517E0ECF4E10102
    Operation has completed with errors.

The only thing is i cannot recover any of my data at all, and i dont have any other backup.

Help !!!
    lmk

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

What version and build of TI are you using? Does this error occur when booted from the Rescue CD or are you trying the restore within windows?

3. lmk

lmk Registered Member

Thanks for prompt response thomasjk.

It does not matter if i do it from boot cd or windows, error is the same --> corrupted image. it almost reaches 80 % progress and then fails.
    I use 3854 (build).

thanks,
    lmk

4. thomasjk

When you originally made the image did you validate it then? Is your image on an external drive? If so what type? Can you copy it to an second internal drive and try to restore from there? When you say mount are your try to "mount" the image so you can browse it? Please give more detailed steps of exactly what you did.

5. lmk

lmk Registered Member

Yes, validating went ok the first time. I have even managed to restore some of the files before, but now i need to recover the entire drive.
    Backup files are on external usb drive. I have made a local copy of them too, but the errors the same.
    I use mount image option in windows. It mounts my drive, says that its 40Gb (which is ok) but it takes ages to open (double click on my computer takes ages to open the window) and it is empty. Properties show 100% free space.

Thanks,
    lmk

6. thomasjk

What Version and Build of TI are you using? Telling us this will help sort out your problems. If you wish to Recover(Restore the complete drive) the proper procedure is to Select--->Recovery--->Next--->Select your backup image--->Select--->Restore disks or partitions--->Select--->DISK1 to restore the complete image to your drive.
    Click on the link below to see an image of the restore wizard.
    [​IMG]. Do not use "Mount" to restore that is not its purpose.

7. lmk

lmk Registered Member

The complete recover did not help. It got to almost 85 percent and failed. When I tried to read some data from the restored disk it was empty, well not even empty, the partition wasnt even there.
    Isnt there a utiility for fixing corrupted images. I have got loads of important data in that backup.

Any ideas o_O

I am using True Image Workstation 9.1 (build 3 854)

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

There is no utility for fixing corrupted images.

Boot up the TI bootable rescue CD and see if you validate the archive. If not, try validating the archive using the bootable CD on a different PC. If you can, then try putting your HD into the other machine and trying a restore. Then you can chase why it doesn't work on your original PC.

9. lmk

lmk Registered Member

Hello,

Already tried it with bootup cd, in windows, on a few different machine but with the same result. Getting a bit worried now that i am not going to be able to recover anything...

Any other ideas ?

thanks,
    lmk

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lmk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Since the image archive were created successfully and your were able to validate it and restore data from the image archive before, it is looks like the image archive become corrupted for some reasons.

Please note that as seekforever mentioned the corrupt image archive can not be restored.

In order to find to possible reason and to avoid such cases in the future we would recommend that you create a new image archive using the latest build (3886) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and validate this image both when Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation (build 3886) is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3886) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

If the image archive reports as corrupted been saved to external USB drive you could try to connect the drive to another USB-port, update the BIOS of the motherboard, replace the USB cable, use a FireWire cable instead of the USB one. Please also perform tests suggested by Menorcaman to verify if the memory could case the issue.

Please also be aware that we highly do not recommend to restore the image archive that reports as corrupted, since during the restoration all the data stored on the restored partition will be replaced by the image data and if the image is corrupted you may end with unbootable system.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.