error connection

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fosius, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosius

fosius Registered Member

hi!

I have problems with updating NOD32. NOD32 cannot connect to the server. My name and password is correct so I dont understand why NOD32 doesnt connect to server. Pleasy can you send me any ideas? THANKS

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1. make sure you are actually connected to the Internet (e.g. open a website you don't have stored in cache) or ping one of our update servers (e.g. ping u4.eset.com)

2. make sure the update server is set to Choose automatically unless you update from a local mirror

3. if you don't use a proxy server, make sure the appropriate option is disabled in the advanced update setup (to find out if you connect through a proxy server, click the Detect button in the advanced update setup - proxy server setup)

4. if you use a firewall, make sure nod32krn.exe has access to the Internet permitted

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Your “User Name” and “Password” are CASE SENSITIVE, and as such must be typed in precisely, better still COPY and PASTE each into the Control Centre> Update> update> Setup If you enter your UN and PW in the “popup” window it will not be remembered.

You may also like to check that your settings are correct here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

4. fosius

fosius Registered Member

thanks, I'll try it..

5. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

Just purchased a license, but been unable to update at all! Keeps on saying cant replace file an error has occurred. Useless at the moment-I have downloaded three copies, thinking there may be a problem with download but still the same problem. What is going on?

My details have copy and pasted, so that cant be the problem.

:mad: :-* :-*

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Uninstall NOD through the control panel, delete the Eset folder in program files, restart and reinstall.
    If you are using a firewall, make sure it gives NOD permission to connect for updates.
    If you are using a proxy, NOD should find it. If not, enter the proxy data manually.

7. Delgado

Thanks for replies. Ive tried everything, but all I get is "Unable to update file"
    Given up - written the money off and gone back to Trend. Waste of time!! and money.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Blackspear

With this issue can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

9. Delgado

Thanks for reply. Have sent e-mail to Esset. Will post reply when I get one.

10. Delgado

Had reply within a couple of hours

Hi Terry,

most of the people getting update errors on Wilders' forum get errors connecting to server at a time they are not connected to the Internet.

Please check your TEMP and TMP system variables in the system properties and make sure they point to an existing directory. Should the problem still persist, try changing the user's TEMP and TMP variables (appear in the upper pane) to point to c:\windows\temp

If it is to no avail, please send me the Event log from your NOD32 Control Center so that I know the exact error message you get.

Best regards,

Mark

Here is reply whatever it means!

11. Blackspear

It is asking you to check and see if the folder exists:

C Drive
    Windows
    Temp

or

C:\Windows\Temp

If the Temp folder does exist can you send the Event log from your NOD32 Control Center> Logs> Event Logs so that Eset can see the exact error message you getting.

12. Delgado

13. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Congrats on getting it to work!!

welcome to the NOD32 Family :D

14. Blackspear

Good to see, what exactly was the problem?

15. Delgado

The problem was that I had to reset my Temp Folder in Environment Variables.

Please check your TEMP and TMP system variables in the system properties and make sure they point to an existing directory. Should the problem still persist, try changing the user's TEMP and TMP variables (appear in the upper pane) to point to c:\windows\temp

This is what I did as above.

I have a feeling that a trial version of F-Secure, which I took out, messed it up in the first place!

:D :D

16. Blackspear

Thank you for sharing, it helps us all to learn...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.