Error connecting to Update Server

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JN_Kirkland, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JN_Kirkland

JN_Kirkland Registered Member

I have been getting the above message ever since I first installed SpywareBlaster

It continues

"There was an error getting the update information from the server. The server may be temporarily unavailable or there may be a conflict with firewall software installed on your PC The update information may also have gotten corrupted during download.

Please try again later"

I use the Windows XP SP2 firewall and have added a pass-through for Spyware Blaster to the exceptions list; I also have a hardware firewall built into my Netgear DG 834 Modem/Router

Can anyone help please?

2. JN_Kirkland

Further information

Removed 3.2; downloaded & reinstalled 3.2; still no change

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Are you able to reach www.spywareblaster.net via your browser ?

Also....would you mind clarifying for me what you mean by...."have added a pass-through for Spyware Blaster to the exceptions list"

4. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

for one thing you only need one firewall running. having 2 running at the same time can cause conflicts. try turning one off and run update again. if this dont work reinstall blaster again, runninng 1 firewall and set it to let it access thru your firewall like you did before. see if that helps.

5. JN_Kirkland

Yes, I can get the SpywareBlaster web site no problem

I added SpyWareBlaster to the exceptions list of the Windows Firewall.

Turning on & off firewalls doesn't make any difference to the error

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In what form did you add Spywareblaster to the exceptions list....a particular IP or URL ?

Bare with me about XP's firewall due to my limited knowledge....but it appears that by reading info at the Microsoft site....one needs to add sites via IP ? Having said that....would you mind adding the below IP's to that list and see if that works. Those are the URL\IP's of the Hosting company where some of Javacool servers are located.

ns1.liquidweb.com=64.91.251.155
    ns.liquidweb.com=198.172.239.20

Edit:

I failed to see the part where you said.... "Turning on & off firewalls doesn't make any difference to the error"....so the above IP\URL info is not applicable....BUT....would you mind clarifying....did you have both the hardware(router) and software(XP) firewalls completely disabled at the same time when attempting SpywareBlaster updates ?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  7. JN_Kirkland

Both the auto & manual updates are now working perfectly OK.

Thanks for all your help folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.