Error Communicating With Kernel

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Skier, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skier

Skier Registered Member

Using Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit and ESET SS v4.0.424.0

I recently upgraded my laptop from NOD32 antivirus to ESET Smart Security. I uninstalled NOD32 first. On around 50% of occasions on boot-up I receive a error message that is titled ESST Smart Security and states 'Error Comunicating With Kernel.'

I've tried a complete uninstall/reinstall but the same message appears. Could this be related to artifacts left following the uninstall of NOD32?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Regards

Skier

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you installed SP1 for Microsoft Windows Vista on the notebook computer, yet?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

I just got the same
    message with Windows 7 RC 7100. About an hour after installing ESS I rebooted. Got stuck in a BSOD cycle. Went into Safe Mode, put the ESET Service on "Manual", rebooted. Tried to turn the ESET Service back on and got the
    message.

4. Skier

Skier Registered Member

agoretsky,

Yes, SP1 is installed as are almost all other Windows updates. I have never seen this error message on my desktop running the 64-bit version of the same software.

Regards

Skier

5. barneymagoo

barneymagoo Registered Member

I have ESSet Smart Security Suite 4.0.424.0 on a Windows XP Sp3 machine. I only updated Ess at the weekend but today I get Error communicating with Kernal and it seems there are no ess processes running. I never had any problems with the previous version. I completely uninstalled the old version before installing 4.0.424.0

6. 1Jnodder

1Jnodder Registered Member

I have a very similar situation having a Windows Vista Premium 32 bit SP-1 system.
    I uninstalled the 4.0.414 version before installing the 4.0.424.0 I've only gotten the ESET Nod32 error for error communicating with Kernel message twice but it just came up again tonight I'm wondering if there's been any new information about this problem? I followed the instructions: KB Solutions ID: SOLN2116 when I uninstalled the .414.0 also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.