Error communicating with kernel

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by chiefsheep, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefsheep

chiefsheep Registered Member

I was caught up in the false positive issues earlier today and am now trying to get NOD32 working again by turning back on all the things I turned off (Threatsense, egui in Startup, Eset Service and Eset HTTP server in Services).

Even though egui is enabled in Startup it is not starting at boot. When I try to start NOD32 manually I get an error message "Error communicating with kernel"

Using msconfig (and Normal Startup) I have noticed that under "Services" Eset Service is listed as "Stopped". I had stopped both Eset Service and Eset HTTP Server earlier in order to avoid my machine hanging.

However I am now unable to restart either. They are both ticked in the Services list and I have rebooted.

Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.

chiefsheep

2. Ezel

Ezel Registered Member

Agreed, I have a fellow co-worker blowing his top over this. Vista x32 and he is so ticked off that I can feel the flames over at my desk. Especially since I turned him on to the eset products.

Way to go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.