error communicating to kernel

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Heinzz, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heinzz

Heinzz Registered Member

Hee all,

the issue is the tittle here is some information:

I'm using Windows server 2003 service pack 2 32 bit.
    I use ESET NOD32 V4.0.437.0

The problem is when I install Nod32 it will do a startup scan but that takes ages never completed, when I restart pc I get error communicating to kernel and it when i wanna start nod by my self i get a white screen and then error communicating to kernel.
    I reinstalled, have the good framework i don't really know what to do know.

Gr

Heinzz

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, I'd suggest installing the latest version 4.2.71 which has known bugs from previous versions fixed.

3. Heinzz

Heinzz Registered Member

um it's a executable from the network at work...

Edit:
    Marcos maybe can you give me a link where to download the v4.2.71

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

I would first recommend what Marcos said. Upgrading to the latest version (curently 5.0.93.0) whenever possible.

One more thing to check. Open your Task Manager. On the list of processes, if you see an entry that is a long string of numbers divided by a colon ":" you will need to contact your local ESET customer care department.

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition v4.2.71 can be downloaded from the following locations:

32-bit (x86) - download.eset.com/download/win/v4eavbe/eavbe_nt32_enu.msi
    64-bit (x86) - download.eset.com/download/win/v4eavbe/eavbe_nt64_enu.msi

For a different language than English, replace "enu" in the filename with the appropriate three-letter language code, e.g., "deu" for German, "ita" for Italian and so forth.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. Heinzz

Heinzz Registered Member

There are numbers : numbers.exe in my Task Manager what does that mean?

Thanks for the links agoretsky!

Edit: i installed v.4.2.71.2 what Marcos said but now I have white screen when I double click the nod icon and after a couple of time getting te white screen i get Error communicating with kernel...
    Agian a edit: I did a reinstall and after that nod starts with a start up scan but now my pc suddently restarts :S

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  7. Heinzz

Heinzz Registered Member

please help me..

8. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

You will need to contact your local customer care department. It's possible you have been infected with the zero access rootkit. You can PM me with your country information and I can provide the necessary contact information to you.

9. Heinzz

Heinzz Registered Member

i already contact them via mail but they did not answered, they are bussy with it.

10. Heinzz

Heinzz Registered Member

THX for the help all, i reinstalled the OS and it works fine now. because of a virus my whole system was screwed up so..

You also me close this Thread

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  11. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

For future reference, ESET has released a stand-alone malware removal tool for the Zero.Access rootkit. The most visible symptom is the message "Error communicating with kernel". The instructions for running the tool can be found in the following ESET Knowledgebase article:
    This tool has been added to the stand-alone tools table as Win32/Sirefef. You can download the tool directly from the Knowledgebase article:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.