Error Code 405

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Laramie, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laramie

Laramie Registered Member

Hi, After finally figuring out the VSS problem I was able to make 2 bootable snaps. So far so good. Today, I wanted to make another and no matter which snap I start from they all give "Internal Error 405". I have searched forum with every combo of words and could find only one post that didn't help at all. Surely someone out there has had this code ( No, just you Lar) and can help me resolve this.

One other question and perhaps someone can just provide a link. I had a computer shop replace my mobo and upgrade me to XP from 2000 and he left 2000 on the c: drive for a dual-boot ( It boots but only with VGA driver). FD-ISR doesn't show my 2000 snaps but they are in the $ISR folder. I want them because they have 1000 bookmarks and My Documents folder, and OE address that I would like to have. ( I thought with a dual boot that I should be able to see another drive letter in My Computer. I feel like I got hosed.

Here's what software I have on my system in case any of them might help.

FD-ISR, of course
    Acronis TI 9.0
    SandboxIE (Which says I have 247 days of stuff and wants to know if I want to delete it. I am saving it in case it can be of help here,)
    Parition Manager 8.5 (But it's never been installed.)

That's it. I know the second part of this isn't FD-ISR but it is , at least recovery-oriented and you guys in the FD-ISR forum, well, I've come to know some of you through your posts. Peter2150, Erik Albert, Longboard, croftk, and others who's advice I have come to trust. So thank you in advance and for in the past. You got me onto FD-ISR and I am grateful.

Regards,
    Lar
    ps, I know I don't post often but as you ca see i don't have a lot to offer in this arena. On the other hand, if you need therapy....

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

One thought comes to mind. I know I could do this with ShadowProtect, so it should work with Acronis.

Image the system, and then mount the image the 2000 side. Then go back to XP, mount the image, and you should be able to copy out what you need. If not online, you might have to do it from the recovery disk.

Pete

3. Laramie

Laramie Registered Member

Hey Pete

Thanks, Now,if I understand you correctly,(that's a big IF, and my fault, not yours. I've heard of mounting images but don't know what it means. when I was 13 it meant throwing a Playboy on the floor!

1)Boot into 2000, 2) I use what is called 'Plug Image' on TI,3) then boot into XP, 4) mount an image there and I should be able to5) move files between the images in some (not yet obvious to me) way?

btw, Did I mention that both OS are one single drive, one partition? I don't know much but I think that's a big No-No because wont the system files get...something bad!? Yeesh, I believe this guy really hosed with this job. I do have a second larger HDD that needs formatting b4 use but I don't see how that can help. Just mentioned it in case there's a reason to use it. I'm thinking if yoour suggestion works Pete than the next task might be to clone or image C:\ onto it or somehow separate the two OS, one on each HDD. Sheesh!

ps Oh! Pete you mentioned ShadowProtect. I heard you say how you loved it another post and from what I gather it is hardware failure oriented(?) I also see they have a fully functional trial version IIRC. Should I DL it?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Re: Hey Pete

Shadowprotect is an imaging program like Acronis. Just one I totally trust. You want to go to this page and request the evaluation. Ignore the language in red, and request the evaluation.

I am not familiar with Dual boot, does it show up as different partitions. If not install the desktop trial into the 2000 system, and take an image to an external drive. Then you can go the XP side, install the trial(I hope this will work) and mount the image(there is an option for this) assigning it a drive letter.

Then in windows explorer you will see your XP C: drive and the image will show up as another drive. You can use Windows explorer to get files from it, and copy them to either your c: drive or an external drive.

Now that I've totally confused you.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.