Error code 0x1001b

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by urban1, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban1

urban1 Registered Member

I have Drive Backup™, version 9.0, build 8681 (29.07.09 ) Personal backup software. I am backing my 'C' drive to an external USB hard drive. The backup goes swimmingly but when I try to verify the backup, I get this error code. Originally I was using the special edition (free), and got the same error. I then decided to upgrade to the paid version.

I am able to do a chkdsk on the external drive with no errors so, I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Any responses would be wonderful.

Bob

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Urban1,

The 0001001B error refers to "File I/O error, Can occur in saving/restoring restart data" .

Couple things I would first check is make sure the external hard drive is directly connected to the computer. Disconnect any USB hub, memory card reader, or external drives that's turned off but still connected.

You said you tried to verify the data. Did you run the integrity check, or use the file transfer wizard to take a peak in the archive? Try using the File Transfer Wizard under Tools and extract random files. We want to make sure the archive is accessible. What you can also do is mount the archive as a virtual drive. Simply click on the Archive Tab, right click the Archive if listed, or add the archive, and right click on the archive and mount.

Let us know how this goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.