Error code 0(0xB0000) - Failed to determine corresponding partition for path

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ptdude, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptdude

ptdude Registered Member

Hi

First post and unfortunately it's a problem. :rolleyes:

I've noticed that for some reason our backup logs are showing the above message and that no snap shot was taken. Actually this has been happening since I started logging at the beginning of August.

I am taking file level backups, of a TrueCrypt partition. The backups are full backups and overwrite the previous backup. The files are 4 folders deep within the partion.

Looking at the backed up file it's size relates closely to the data being backed up so it seems something was backed up. Trying to restore a file form the back up is not possible however as it's simply not listed only the folders that contain the files are visible.

What is concerning is the logs say the backup completed successfully when clearly it hasn't as the logs shows warning saying the operation did not snapshot the path and the files are not present when trying a restore.

I'm using TI Workstation 9.1 build 3.633, on Win XPsp2 backing up to a Lacie USB drive. The TrueCrypt partion is on a SATA drive in the workstation. All other applications are accessing the TrueCrypt partition without any problems. I've tried the backup with nothing else running and all files closed and it made no difference.

Can some please suggest why this is failing as the backups are next to useless the way it is.

2. ptdude

ptdude Registered Member

Just a note to say that I have now upgraded to TI9.1 build 3,887 and the problem still exists.

This is now worrying as TI is not backing up my data.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ptdude,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that we do not guarantee compatibility with third party encryption software. Image creation using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media is always available, though, and it is a recommended scenario in such cases.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.