error: cant read disk E000101F4

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wonderboy953, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wonderboy953

wonderboy953 Registered Member

Hi There,

ive recently purchased the acronis home image product, and i cant back up data. im getting the obove error message E000101F4 i dont know what to do? i can do anything with this products

2. Roger Macon

Roger Macon Registered Member

Does you entire message read like this:

E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has detected unsupported hard disk drives. Acronis True Image Home does not support Windows Dynamic Disk, E-Z Drives etc.

I am getting this message on RESTORE but not BACKUP. Acronis is aware of this message and checking it out. Where are you trying to back up to? I backup to a Kanguru removeable hard drive. I have checked with tech support at Kanguru and they have told me that my hard drive is not a Windows Dynamic Disk.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Have you run CHKDSK X: /R on the drive (where X: is the drive letter, C:, etc.)

This can be run from the Run box on the Windows XP Start menu. It will require a reboot to run.

4. wonderboy953

im not sure what you mean by runing a scan disk? how dose that help

5. wonderboy953

Hi Roger

this is the error message im getting

E000101F4: Failed to read data from the disk

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wonderboy953,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

The ways of issue fixing depend on what environment you are trying to back up under.

If you get mentioned error message trying to back up under Windows the possible reason of the issue can probably be in Acronis SnapAPI drivers (this driver is responsible for all Input/Output operations under hard disk drive). The latest build installation (latest build usually contains the latest version of SnapAPI driver) can solve this problem. You can find instruction how to install the latest build of the software in Acronis Help Post. If this does not help please try to install Acronis SnapAPI drivers update. Update is available here. Please install it with disabled logging and see if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, please install the downloaded update again with enabled logging, reproduce the situation and don't close error message Window. Then you should pick up the log file which will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log. Then please submit a request for technical support with the attached SnapAPI log, detailed issue description and the link to this thread. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

If the error message comes up when you try to back up under Acronis Bootable CD we would also recommend you to check your build number and download the latest one if it's necessary. After that you should re-create Acronis Bootable Rescue CD and check if this fixed the issue. If the issue still persists we recommend you to try "acpi=off noapic" workaround described in Acronis Help Post.

If this does not help also please create Windows System Information file and sysinfo.txt file under Acronis Bootable CD as described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support with two attached files and detailed issue description. We will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.