Error burning the bootable CD-R/CD-RW

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jaarhus, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaarhus

jaarhus Registered Member

I do not have a floppy drive available and it seemed that I could create this recover disk on a CD. However, I get this error and have been unable to create the recover disk. I can write to the Cd from every other app. How do I fix this problem, no help on what to do if it doesn't work?

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

"However, I get this error"
    And what would that error be? o_O

3. SheltieDog

SheltieDog Registered Member

I was getting the same exact error, however I was finally able to make the True Image 9 Bootable CD.

I placed the blank CD in the CD Tray of my Plextor DVD Burner, but left the CD Tray OPEN. When the process got to the step of burning the Boot CD, the CD Tray closed by itself, and the burn continued.

After a short while, I got the message that the Bootable CD was created successfully.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello jaarhus,

This previous reply details the <well know workarounds> if unable to create a bootable rescue CD-R/RW.

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jaarhus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please try to use workaraounds suggested by Menorcaman.

If none of these workarounds helps then please submit a request for technical support containing the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (e.g. where did you purchase our product, e-mail, order confirmation letter, copy of invoice, scan copy of receipt, etc.) along with the brief description of the problem and the link to this thread. We will provide you with the download link for the ISO image of the Bootable Rescue CD so that you will be able to burn rescue disc using any third party CD recording software.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

One uber-rant removed... let's keep the TOS here at Wilders in mind, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.