Error 500(0x101F4) You do not have enough privileges to start Acronis TI Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Diazruanova, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diazruanova

Diazruanova Registered Member

Hi,

I have been using Acronis TI version 9.0 (build 3,854) for a long time on my W2K without any problem, but now that I am upgrading to Windows XP SP3 (who said it is OLD ;) ), I decided to have a dual boot (W2K & WXP) machine for quite some time while I configure XP to my taste and re-install all my programs, BUT since I installed Acronis on my XP disc, it is not working fine, as if I do not have permission to fully use it. It starts fine and apparently works OK till I really try to do a back-up getting the thread title error: Error 500(0x101F4) You do not have enough privileges to start Acronis True Image Home.

Does anyone have a clue of what is happening here ?

BTW, If I boot from my W2K and try to perform the same operation, it works fine as it should and also, it is worth mentioning that I do have Admin privileges on my Windows XP

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Diazruanova,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 9.0 Home

Though you can install Acronis True Image 9.0 Home on Windows XP SP3, officially it doesn’t support service pack 3 as Acronis True Image 9.0 Home was released prior than Windows XP SP3. Therefore we can’t guarantee stability of the program on this service pack. You can find the list of supported operating systems with service packs from the user guide chapter 1.4.2 “Supported operating systems”:

- Windows 98 SE
    - Windows Me
    - Windows NT 4.0 Workstation SP 6
    - Windows 2000 Professional SP 4
    - Windows XP SP 2
    - Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

You may try the following workaround:

Make sure that "Backup files and directories" and "Restore files and directories" from Local Security Settings are applicable under Administrator rights:

- Go to Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Local Security Policy->Local Policies->User Rights Assignments;
    - Right click on "Backup files and directories" and "Restore files and directories" -> Properties -> Add User or Group... -> Advanced... -> Find Now -> check Administrators and choose OK.

If the issue persists I may recommend you to install Acronis True Image 9.0 Home on Windows 2000 and create Acronis bootable disc by means of Media Builder. See user guide chapter 9 “Creating bootable media” for step-by-step instructions. Using Acronis bootable disc you can backup and restore Windows XP SP3 to any supported storage media.

I may also recommend you download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and test it for 15 days. You can later upgrade Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to Acronis True Image Home 2009 just for $29.99 using our online store.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. Diazruanova

Diazruanova Registered Member

Thank you very much Dmitry,

I checked it out and yes, I have full administrative privileges, BUT let me tell you that it seems I already solved the problem by downloading and installing the very latest Acronis driver:
    SnapAPISetup.msi and apparently this procedure did the trick, since I have been performing already a full Back up and three sub-sequent scheduled differential back ups without any error, so it seems that after all, Acronis 9.0 is still usable on Windows XP Pro SP3 :D

BTW: Is there any price discount for old Acronis customers? :D

Thanks again Dmitry!!!

Enrique Diazruanova

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Diazruanova,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 9.0 Home

I have sent you a discount coupon for Acronis True Image Home 2009 via PM. Please check it.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.