Error #1722

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mountaineer62, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mountaineer62

mountaineer62 Registered Member

When I try to do a complete Image of my hard drive I get the following message -- E00640068. Failed to create the scheduled task.
    Failed to create the scheduled task. Error #1722- "The RPC server is unavailable". What does this error mean and how do I work around the problem? Thanks for any help!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

You've not provided a lot of info about your system, O/S, TI version/build or what you were trying to create an image to. Nevertheless, perhaps the suggestions provided by Acronis Support in <this thread> may be of some use to you.

Regards

3. mountaineer62

mountaineer62 Registered Member

I am using Windows XP Pro with Service pack 2 installed, TI 8.0 build 774. I am
    trying to create a complete hard disk image (+/- 22GB) to the Acronis Secure Zone. After looking at above mentioned item and following the suggested fixes, I find that my folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 is EMPTY. Also Acronis Scheduler 2 Service is set to automatic in it's properties. If I try to start the Scheduler a message appears that says the system could not find the file specified. When running Schedmgr.exe from a command prompt I get"Error 2 - file or reg item not found".Could this be a program installation problem?

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Carry out a Windows Explorer search for schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe. If found, move them to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder and create the Registry entry detailed <here>. If that doesn't work or the files are not found then carry out a TI unstall/Registry purge of "TrueImage" entries/reinstall.

With luck one of the above will sort out the problem.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.