Error #1722

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mountaineer62, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mountaineer62

mountaineer62 Registered Member

When I try to do a complete Image of my hard drive I get the following message -- E00640068. Failed to create the scheduled task.
    Failed to create the scheduled task. Error #1722- "The RPC server is unavailable". What does this error mean and how do I work around the problem? Thanks for any help!

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

You've not provided a lot of info about your system, O/S, TI version/build or what you were trying to create an image to. Nevertheless, perhaps the suggestions provided by Acronis Support in <this thread> may be of some use to you.

Regards

3. mountaineer62

mountaineer62 Registered Member

I am using Windows XP Pro with Service pack 2 installed, TI 8.0 build 774. I am
    trying to create a complete hard disk image (+/- 22GB) to the Acronis Secure Zone. After looking at above mentioned item and following the suggested fixes, I find that my folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 is EMPTY. Also Acronis Scheduler 2 Service is set to automatic in it's properties. If I try to start the Scheduler a message appears that says the system could not find the file specified. When running Schedmgr.exe from a command prompt I get"Error 2 - file or reg item not found".Could this be a program installation problem?

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Carry out a Windows Explorer search for schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe. If found, move them to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder and create the Registry entry detailed <here>. If that doesn't work or the files are not found then carry out a TI unstall/Registry purge of "TrueImage" entries/reinstall.

With luck one of the above will sort out the problem.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.