Error 1722 .. and disappearing drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PeterL, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterL

PeterL Registered Member

As a True Image newbie, I first attempted to perform a "Create Image" to my Maxtor USB-connected hard drive (designated H:/). Kept getting the following Error Message: "Error 1722: The RPC server is unavailable". Nothing in the manual helped me understand what the problem might be or how to resolve it. :oops:

I then attempted a "Disk Clone" to my Maxtor H:/ hard drive and now I can no longer find that drive at all in My Computer!! :mad: :mad:

Any suggestions would - at this point - be very welcome indeed ... even if it's a way to get my Maxtor back!

Peter Lebensold
    Toronto

2. DougC

DougC Guest

I used True Image 7 successfully several times for backups, but now I also get: Error #1722 - "The RPC server is unavailable." and can't perform a backup.

After the last successful backup I upgraded to SP2 on XP, and switched from Norton to ZoneLabs internet security and anti-virus. Maybe these changes are related to True Image problem. I am still investigating.

3. PeterL

PeterL Registered Member

Don't know if there's any connection, but I - too - am using XP (Pro) with SP2 and ZoneLabs. At this point I'd just be happy to have my Maxtor drive back and visible in My Computer!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PeterL,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 and you still receive that "Error 1722: The RPC server is unavailable" message when trying to create an image then please do the following:

- Make sure that Acronis Scheduler 2 Service (Administrative Tools -> Services) startup type is set to Automatic in Properties. If it is not so, make it so.

- If the above does not help, run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe manually in Windows Task Manager (File -> New Task);

Please also note that we recommend you to unplug one of the hard drives right after the disk cloning process has been finished (your PC shuts down automatically to allow you to do this), since keeping both of them connected might cause different boot or drive letter assignment problems.

Please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management. Your external hard drive will most likely be shown there, but with no letter assigned. Reformat it and use as usual.

If that does not help then please do the following:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Make a screen shot of Windows Disk Management;

Send all the collected files to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DougC,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please take a look at my previous post addressed to PeterL.

Please also note that we are no longer able to provide technical support to customers who are using Acronis True Image 7.0 because we have released a new version and do not develop the old one anymore.

Acronis True Image 8.0 has several new features:

- Reduce your disk backup time and storage by excluding paging and hibernate
    files from the disk backup image;

- Manage your PC performance by changing the disk imaging process priority;

- Verify disk backup image before a restore;

- Check the file system after a restore;

- Wider range of hardware supported upon booting from the bootable rescue media;

More information on other features can be found on Acronis web-site.

We appreciate your consideration on this matter.

I also recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 to see how the software works on your computer.

In case you will be satisfied with the work of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0, please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. PeterL

PeterL Registered Member

Problem solved! Acronis is now my preferred backup software.

Thanks Alexey. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.