Error:1610 Please help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by seshsud, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seshsud

seshsud Registered Member

I had Acronis TI 10 on my machine (at the time the drive letter was E:/, changed it to C:) and Acronis TI stopped working.Tried to uninstall TI,didn't work,tried cleaning up following these instructions below.Still not completely removed and unable to perform a fresh installation.Here is the error I get on trying to reinstall:
    Note: I am the admin on this box and have full privileges and I have a registered version of 10.x.Please help me to cleanup the older version and that would help me reinstall
    Thanks

**Error encountered during reinstall**
    E00640003: The error was encountered while the installation.

Acronis installation program encountered the error #1610: "The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel (0xFFF0)
    code = 8007064A
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8A6"
    A possible reason might be that you do not have enough privileges. Please check the installation troubleshooting section of the product documentation.
    **End**

************Acronis TI removal instructions followed***********
    - Delete Acronis Secure Zone either through the wizard or manually
    - Delete snapman from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters
    - Delete snapman and timounter from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters
    - Run Device Manager and delete Acronis Image Archive Explorer
    - Delete snapman, timounter and tifsfilter from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
    - Delete TrueImage from the following registry keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\Autopart (can be absent)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\CDRecord
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\Schedule2
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\SnapAPI
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\Snapman
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\VBus
    - Delete \Windows\System32\autoprnt.exe if it exists
    - Delete the following folders:
    \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord
    \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Drivers
    - Download http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe, open the command prompt and run the following command in the folder you saved the file to: schedmgr service uninstall
    - Open Task Manager and stop the following processes: schedhlp.exe, TrueImageMonitor.exe
    - Delete the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2
    - Delete the desktop icon and Start menu shortcuts
    - Delete \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis folder
    - Delete \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder
    - Delete \Program Files\Acronis folder
    - Delete TrueImage Monitor from the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    - Delete the following keys in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT:
    .tib
    .tis
    tibfile
    tisfile
    - Delete the following registry keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\TrueImage
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis (you may need to grant full control permission to yourself to delete this key)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis
    - Reboot the computer.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello seshsud,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure the installation package was downloaded correctly:

- Download the eXpress CheckSum Calculator;
    - Use the utility to calculate the MD5 checksum of the installation package (TrueImage10.0.4942_s_en.exe)
    The correct checksum is:
    64EF3274E803A85042671F109376EE8C

If the calculated checksum differs, please redownload the installation package from our official website.

If the issue persists with the correct installation package, please do the following:
    - Download the utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install and run it.
    - Select the Acronis True Image and hit Remove.

Then reboot the computer and try installing Acronis True Image again.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. seshsud

Hi Marat,
    The cleanup worked,now I am able to run the installer, thanks

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  4. Acronis Support

Hello seshsud,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. seshsud

Hi,
    Now after a clean install, when I attempt to backup I get the following error message:E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has not found any hard disk drives. Build version and install:Acronis® True Image Home® version 10.0 (build 4,942). Please advise.

6. Acronis Support

Hello seshsud,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.