Error 1406...Norton Antivirus

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by gordie, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordie

gordie Registered Member

This is my home personal computer running XP sp2: Yesterday I downloaded and ran MRU blaster. shortly after I tried to do my weekly update for Norton Antivirus and got a message indicating my password key (or something like that) could not be verified. My Norton was also nearing the end of my contract so I thought this message may be something to do with that, so I purchased and downloaded the Norton Antivirus 2005 and while installing it I got the following message "Error 1406 could not write value to key\software verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel." could this be related to anything that MRU Blaster may have done and if so how do I fix the issue?

2. GDarko

GDarko Guest

Hi, looks like you have deleted the text file that holds information about your subscription with Norton. The best thing to so is visit the web site and see if theres any help! good luck

3. todd

todd Guest

I am getting a similar error when installing NAV 2005 except it refers to being unable to write value Norton Antivirus to key \Software\symantec\shared technology\livereg\apps .
    I have repeatedly uninstalled NAV 2005, NAV 2002, and deleted the symantec folders before attempting the install.
    I'm about to say screw it and get my money back and just have the free AVG which seems to do just as good a job.
    ****@carolina.rr.com

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2005
  4. TallMaster

TallMaster Guest

5. Kevin Babu

Kevin Babu Guest

If you have Spysweeper installed, diable it before installing the NAV
    Add permissions to the HKEY Hives and
    rename symantec folders under HKLM\Software\symantec
    and HKCU\Software\symantec

restart and try again...
    if this does'nt help..
    keep on clicking on 'ignore' when you receive the same error..

6. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

If the above posts dont help your problem, then reinstall norton, but also follow Removing your Norton program to help you unistall norton and all its files/entries.

Regards,

snowboard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.