ERROR 123 after Deleting a Snapshot?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Birdman, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Yesterday I updated to version 3.0 Build 202 via the PATCH. I wanted to remove the 2 snapshots that I had and create new ones after the applying the update.

The 1st snapshot deleted with 26 errors and I received a pop-up after completion (see attachment below). Then for the 2nd snapshot...I disabled Kaspersky Internet Security and it deleted with NO errors. Coincidence....or were the errors related to KIS being enabled during the removal process?

Has anyone else received this error message before??

I did successfully create a new snapshot afterwards with no errors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Birdman,
    You have to pay attention to security softwares, they often disturb FDISR-activities and this results in errors.
    Disabling them is often the cure. Maybe you can find out which software(s) are exactly the trouble and then you only have to disable these.

Also any automatic defragging has to be turned off forever. Defrag on demand is the best option.
    I also recommend to read this forum regularly, just to read the problems of other users, because these problems have been mentioned already in the past. :)

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Please do read. I know it looks overwhelming but there is an answer to practically any issue or concern experienced. I just went back in the pages thru mid-late 2006 and that info is of immense importance in helping me in advance prepare ahead of time what you can do and what is not recommended. But happily, theres much more "what you can dos" then the opposite.

Rule of thumb and good practice like ErikAlbert explains is TURN OFF! "all" programs running in the background that are of security related untill FD is finished PROCESSING it's magic. Otherwise, hello mr errors.

Although i gained valuable insight in shutting some things down during FD operations i done a blunder myself. Got carried away with too many snapshots/archives and inadvertantly one got named the same twice :gack: which threw me a looper, but i quickly resolved it and vow never to get ahead of myself again like that. (i hope).

4. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

Birdman I had a similar post here regarding errors when copying and discovered, through the experts, that it was Comodo Firewall protecting its own registry keys.

I would assume that Kaspersky would do similar. Maybe try a couple of snapshots without disabling the firewall itself of KIS, but perhaps the application control/registry protection parts of the program and then try copying.

I have to disable one tiny setting in Comodo before copying snapshots, but as soon as it's done, I allow again and everything is fine.

It's usually a security app causing the 'trouble'.

5. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Thanks for your replies guys. I will disable all security features in the future when using FD-ISR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.