Error 1,004 (0x103EC). What does this mean ???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by boblite, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boblite

boblite Registered Member

When doing incremental backup the TI9 LogViewer gives me an error message "Error 1,004 (0x103EC) Can not find a partition with the path \local\hd_sign(194F194F)". This message does not occur with full backup.

Would appreciate knowing what this means.

-Boblite

PS(1) Why can't this message tell me in plain english what is going on ? I am backing up just two partitions, C: and D:. Does this message mean it could'nt copy any files to C: drive or D: drive ?

PS(2) Please, LogViewer is nicely designed conceptually, capturing a lot of info in a small space, but the error messages are completely incomprehensible and need to be translated into language accessible to the average end user. Or, at least, a list of error messages with helpful translations needs to be posted on the website, or is there already a list somewhere (could not find an error list when I did a search).

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  2. boblite

Error 1004 solved in TI9 o_O

For some time now I have been having 2 problem messages when Acronis TI9 did scheduled incremental backups, namely:

[1] "Error 1,004 (0x103EC) Can not find a partition with the path \local\hd_sign(194F194F)"
    [2] "!Warning 100(0x19964) Failure to process pair script: B2B99160-DB31-472E-B18F-BEC9FC9529E6"

I did a manual incremental backup half an hour ago and the error message went away, as did the warning message !

The only difference I can see is that in this last backup I had all applications closed except Acronis (note: lots of TSRs were still shown as running in the System Tray, namely Norton Internet Security, Epson R220 printer, Webroot SPySweeper, etc.")

So maybe TI9 becomes unhappy if it encounters open applications ? If this was so I'd have thought it'd be widely reported.

Coming to think of it, one possible culprit may be EF Commander, which I have running nearly all the time. EF Commander is a beautiful file manager, like Norton Commander on steroids, which quite probably does clever things with path declarations.

Well, I'll experiment a bit and report back.

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Re: Error 1004 solved in TI9 o_O

I haven't used Nortons products for a few years now, but they were one of the few software companies to use the Microsoft COM modules. This along with their net aware tracking system used to play havoc with other programs, even those that wouldn't appear at first glance to be a problem with either the Norton A/V, Firewall or Fax software.

I used to find this would interfere with Delphi and another compiler when asked to build. the answer was to disable Nortons.

This may still be a problem with programs that require intimate access to the OS as TI is likely to require.

Colin

4. boblite

Hmmm. Thanks for the comment.

I note that Error 1004 initially disappeared when I did manual incremental backup and no applications were running but Norton Internet Security was running.

Error 1004 did not reappear when I backed up manually with multiple instances of EF Commander file manager utility running.

Neither did error 1004 reappear when I did a scheduled backup with NIS running and EF Commander running.

Maybe it was some other application running that produced Error 1004 ? Will report if I find any clues.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello boblite,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please note that probably the issue was cased by incorrect identification of partition signatures. However, in order to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround you will need to reproduce the issue. Once the issue is reproduced, please do the following:

1) Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

2) Could you please tell me what operating system you use?

3) Please also send us the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

4) Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this error. Please also send us a screen shot of the error, if possible.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

P.S. I have merged this thread with another thread you have started since they concern the same issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.