Error 0x70020 (TI 9 Build 3666)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hemang, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hemang

hemang Registered Member

I had purchased TI9 some days back. When I made an image of my 60Gb Toshiba Satellite A75-S209 Laptop HDD on a Maxtor external HDD of 200Gb, I got an error message of corrupt image archive during validation.
    I downloaded to the latest version, build 3666 and installed it on top of the old w/o uninstalling and still get the same error.
    The external HDD is formatted to NTFS.
    What do I doo_O
    I had very initially downloaded the trial version but never had validated the archive till date.
    I made a recovery CD using the trial version. Should I make a new one with the purchased product?
    Please help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hemang,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Yes, you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, because Bootable Rescue CD created with the free trial version has a limited functionality, namely, it only allows restoring backups. Moreover, we recommend that you always re-create Bootable Rescue CD after updating to the newer build. The point is that each new build usually has fixes for a number of known issues and provides better hardware support.

As for the problem you encounter, please check if your external USB hard drive is connected to the computer through a HUB. If yes then connect it directly, create new backup archive and see if the problem persists.

If the problem persists then please also try using another USB port(s).

If that does not help either then please provide us with the following information:

- Do backups saved to your external USB hard drive validate as corrupted both when the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home?

- Does the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home create corrupt backups both when it is running from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD?

- Perform a memory test using the memtest86+ utility and inform us about the result;

- Try saving backups to any other location(s), i.e. any other internal, external or network drive(s), and then validate them both from under Windows and using Bootable Rescue CD. Let us know the results;

- Try moving\copying large files, e.g. disk\partition images themselves, from\to your external USB hard drive and comparing their checksums calculated using eXpress CheckSum Calculator before and after the files were moved\copied. Inform us about the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.