erroneously made new partition F

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by a.ruiter, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a.ruiter

a.ruiter Registered Member

Hello,

I odereed to copy the entire C: partition to the already existing partition D:.
    Now there is a tib file in partition D: and a newly created partition F: containing the real backup.

Therefore I should like to copy the backup in F: to D: as originally planned and do away with the unwanted partition F:

Or do way with the tib file, the F: partition inclusive of its contents en start
    anew.

Thanks in advance.
    A.Ruiter

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mr. Ruiter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software.

As I understood, you are using Acronis True Image product. So I moved your thread to the appropriate forum.

So you have created a backup of your C:\ partition to the .tib file on your D:\ partition. But what is the F:\ partition? Could you please explain more detailed how you created this partition?

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

4. DMorgan002

DMorgan002 Registered Member

The only way I can think of that True Image could create a partition that is viewable is if you click on the tib file to browse it. It will then create a drive letter with your backup files available to you there.

To determine if this is the case to into True Image and try to unmount the image file. I am at work right now so cannot check for sure but I believe it's one of the main icons in the top section of the window.

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.