Err: Can't find hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CC in Denver, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CC in Denver

CC in Denver Guest

I purchased a new computer.

I loaded Acronis on the new computer.

On the original computer I created a new image (which was placed on the new computer).

On the new computer I tried to restore the image...it wouldn't let me since programs were running (basically the operating system)....it prompted me to reboot...which I did and it ran in "safe" type mode with Acronis Loader.

Now when I try and restore image, I get an error E000101F4 that says " Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives"---why not?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CC in Denver,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem persists please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will try to help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. MEDDLER

MEDDLER Registered Member

This post was made in April, and no solution has yet been posted. I have exactly the same problem and would appreciate a reply from Acronis Support.

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

MEDDLER, it would help immensely if you could post some details about the old and the computer. Things like how many physical disks, how many partions, type of disk (IDE/PATA/SATA), internal or external, disk controller type, RAID'ed or not, if the new disk is recognized when you boot from a Windows installation CD, etc.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MEDDLER,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web-site, to update Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 826 build you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

If the latest build doesn't resolve your problem please send Acronis Report requested above to support@acronis.com along with the detailed information of your problem.

We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution. If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. MIRROR

MIRROR Registered Member

Sometime wheno_O

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Meddler,

As hinted at by MiniMax, I would hazzard a guess and say your (and CC in Denver) new hardware is significantly different to the old hardware. Therefore the image of the old system that you've restored to the new system will not contain the correct device drivers or registry entries. At the very least you will need to boot the new system from your Windows installation CD and carry out a "Repair" reinstall.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.