Erasing the History folder

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by spectr9011, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spectr9011

spectr9011 Registered Member

HI, i have been having problems with my history items with internet explorer. there are some files that have saved themselves onto history somehow, and even when i attempt to empty my history folder, tempporary internet files including offline content.

Is there a virus that may have done this?
    Is there any way i can remove these pages from my history?
    Is there and way i can remove the virus from my computer?

Thank you,
    Vik

2. Shunned

Shunned Guest

Go to> Wilders Free Tools section> download> Internet Sweeper

You Don't have an anti-virus program??
    If not.....try AVG which is also listed in free tools......

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi, and welcome to Wilders! Firstly, Internet Sweeper is no longer available free as it once was - the link is dead. I believe the program was sold at one point in time. I use EasyCleaner for this but Toniarts has become a subscription download only site as well. I doubt that this is caused by a virus, but if there are some particular files that are causing you trouble, let us know. In the meantime I will move this to Privacy General where it should get the best attention.

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Detox,

Thanks for pointing to the dead link ;) - we will take care of that one. Those (still) interested in a free copy can drop an email to support@wilders.org

Indeed it has been sold. Nevertheless, the "old" freeware version can be obtained ;)

regards.

paul

5. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Two good places to look for safe freeware are Simtel and WebAttack. Either of these should be able to provide a free solution for you.

6. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello spectr9011

Please consider these donationware programs:
    SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, MRU-Blaster, and please see this page for information regarding Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware & HijackThis!.

Make sure after downloading that all the programs have the latest updates then follow the instructions found on the above (last) page referenced. Some knowledgeable expert-type will help you there.

Best wishes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.