Eraser 5.3 vs Eraser 5.7

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by dylanfan, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dylanfan

dylanfan Registered Member

Hi guys and girls ;)

I'd like to know what the differences are between Eraser 5.3 and its successor Eraser 5.7. Can anyone comment or point me to a changelog?

Thxs

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Dylanfan,

There is a History File of all the changes since version 5.3 (when Heidi Computers Ltd. too over maintaining Eraser from Sami Tolvanen) on their website.

HTH ;) ...

3. dylanfan

Thanks a lot :)

Cheers

4. dylanfan

Is Eraser as secure now that it is under Heidi Computer's as it was when still in Sami's hands? Is it still opensource and hence as trustworhty as it was back then?

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

As far as I can tell, it's still open-source (although the latest beta was initially released without the code being available - since added).

However, the latest beta is still having relatively serious problems, so unless you're going to put it on a non-essential computer - and you enjoy re-building/replacing things - then make sure to stick with the latest release version for now if you're going to d/l the program (Version 5.7). Pete

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I will not give Eraser 5.8 free rain over my computer yet, and prefer to erase on demand and watch what it does. But I do not like rebuilding/replacing things on my computer just because of a loose canon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.