ERAS v3.0.39 Connection failed...

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by icoggert, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icoggert

icoggert Registered Member

I was trying to install ERAS 3.0.39 today, however installation wizard is failed to connect to my SQL server.
    It return following error message:
    "Connection failed...

Operation:[DriverConnect] Native: [0x11] State: [08001] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

I am able to ping SQL server and other 20 applications using it as well, therefore it exist for sure.

As far as access denied. I am created new user in active directory and mapped it to database which I've created on SQL server. I am able to login to the server using same user in VS2008 Server Explorer.

Any suggestions? What should I try?

2. icoggert

icoggert Registered Member

Has anybody installed ERAS setting it up to use MS SQL database? How did it went? Example connection string? Did you use active directory user or sql user to authenticate? o_O

3. Salt

Salt Registered Member

I'd like to know the same. The documentation does not specify which sql server version is supported, either, or whether an msde can be used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.