ERAS/Scheduled Tasks

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by RyanW, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

I'm trialing ESET NOD32 Antivirus business. I loaded up ERAS and ERAC on my server and pushed out a NOD32 install to a client I have.

I checked that client and it seems the only time the antivirus updates is when it connects to a dial up connection?

I'm a bit confused by this, but I decided to make a new scheduled task in the default client policy to update every 60 minutes from my local mirror.

Is there any particular reason that NOD32 AV Business does not have some sort of auto update schedule already in place for LAN connections or am I missing something?

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

By default the client will look for updates every 60 minutes.. Something must have gone wrong?

If you look in the clients scheduler you now have two update task which update every 60 minutes?

3. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

Perhaps that's just the default (unshown) task for NOD32? I am not sure, all I know is if I check scheduled tasks in NOD32, there are 4 of them by default and the one to check every 60 minutes is disabled (by default).

http://imgur.com/zjppc.jpg
    See the second item? That's disabled by default... and it states it checks for updates every hour?

4. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

Also is there a way to push out a policy to computers when I make a change?

I make changes but the client NOD32 does not reflect them?

5. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Uhmm the update at login is disabled by default, so that is correct. Once per hour means it only updates once in 60 minutes even if you login 4 times during that hour. ESET will update at login anyway, even without that schedule enabled (don't ask me why, it does ;))

You do miss one default schedule, there should be one enabled which updates every hour.. So that is not correct.
    Did you change any options in the scheduler in the config you pushed with the package?

6. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

I did not change the config except for the local mirror url. A lot of my users don't log out (or reboot) for weeks. So just update at login will not be acceptable.

7. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Yes, as I said you should have a scheduled task that is enabled by default which checks for update every 60 minutes.. Something must have gone wrong.

Yes you can push out configurations at any time with ERAC. The manual should say how you can do this, ESET also has a knowledge base where a lot things are explained in detail with screenshots.

8. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

I could not find a way to "push" the current config out. I see a way to push new items out (the example says "no splash.xml")

9. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

If you want to manually push out a .xml configuration file you can do it the way the KB explains (with a new task). You can make/edit .xml configuration files and save them with the Configuration Manager within ERAC. (Under tools)

There is also a Policy manager available where you can set policies with default options provided with a .xml configuration file.

The manual of ERA also covers a lot options available and how to configure them.

10. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

Right, I'm using the policy manager. Those changes aren't being seen by the clients. Do those only get pulled down every day or two?

11. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Right.. You didn't provide much information what you were using and what you tried...

I personally never used the Policy manager so I don't know exactly how it works when configured. Gotta wait for a mod or user who is able to help you with that.

12. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

Sorry I didnt' realize there was a way other than Policy Editor to edit configurations :)

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.