ERAS-Cluster mode installation-migrate from v4.0.138 to v5.0.242

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Nicolus, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicolus

Nicolus Registered Member

Hi all,

We currently have 2 ERAS servers installed in cluster mode (The 2 servers are pointing to the same shared Access DB), in version 4.0.138.

We want to upgrade these 2 ERAS servers to last version 5.0.242.

I can't find any procedure or help describing cluster mode migration.
    Does someone have allready done this ?

I tried to simply launch new version installer on first server, but it seems it not detect cluster installation (cluster installation tickbox is greyed).

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Nicolus

Hi all,

Nobody can help ?

I've opened a ticket to French Eset resealer support, but it seems they can't help me ...

Is there a way to open a ticket directly to Eset ?

Regards

3. Nicolus

Hello,

I reply to myself.
    A year ago, we have moved DB from on network share to another, using the ERAS Maintenance tool.
    But this tool hadn't updated the network path on the ERAS variable "Cluster path" registered un cluster configuration.

So, when we launched the upgrade, the installer try to find cluster DB using this variable but it failed, considering the cluster DB no more existing.

The solution is to use ERAS maintenance tool, choose "edit server parameters", and a the end of the configuration tree, you have the variable "cluster path".
    replace the path with the good one, launch again upgrade and it works !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.