ERAS and ERAC on the same machine?

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Richard Conram, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Conram

Richard Conram Registered Member

I have so far been unsuccesful in getting ERAS and ERAC to work on the same machine (My Windows Home Server server). Thus they would connect via localhost, but I can not see the clients in ERAC and connection often fails. I will post logs and stuff if requested, but maybe there is someone who knows a common issue with this?

On different machines ERAC connects nicely to the server where ERAS is installed. I seriously doubt this may be due to any port issues.

All machines have ESS 4 installed and in learning/interactive mode.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Are you running any 3rd party firewalls? I have seen those cause weird issues with resolving localhost, but if I used the machine's own name or IP things worked alright.

3. Richard Conram

Richard Conram Registered Member

No. Only Eset ESS. Nothing else. Windows Firewall is turned off. No other security related applications at all. I trust Eset with everything.

It never ocurred to me to use the machine name, though. Tried 127.0.0.1 and the IP 192.168.0.110, but not the local name. Will try and get back.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  4. DMIsec

DMIsec Registered Member

I don't believe it would be a port issue since ERAS is working fine. Try leaving the client in learning mode. Only thing I could think of is interactive mode blocking a connection between the client and the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.