ERAS 4.0 update issues

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DennTren, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DennTren

DennTren Registered Member

Hello.

I have just gotten the BE of NOD32 and installed ERAS and found the clients.
    For some reason the clients no longer update properly, its like they are relying on ERAS for updates.

When i try to do it through a task it it works on one or two clients and then it just stops.
    I have assured that all clients are available, could it be because they are being used that it will not update?

Also, is there any way to assure that the clients will update automatically, without the need for a task?

Kind regards,
    Dennis

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

By default clients will always check for updates every 60 minutes automatically.

You get errors on the clients when they try to update? Or they say they are already up to date?

How many clients do you use? Setting up a http update server with ISS has proven to be more reliable then the build-in http update server in ERAS. Although I do not know this has been improved in ERA4.

3. DennTren

At the moment we have 20 clients running but since i dont have a domain controller i have to set up each user to connect manually do ERAS.

So far i have gotten 12 clients setup since not all the systems have been available yet.

There are no errors, it just stands there as active without ever completing.
    When i check the details it just says its waiting on all the users.

I have left it running for several hours and since i started it there have been at least 2 new virussignatures released.

**Edit**
    At the moment i dont have the possibilty to run an ISS on my system since im using a laptop as server currently.
    I have plans to move the server to a better system within a few weeks.

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Can you post a screenshot of the message which is displayed? I never heard of/saw a message 'waiting for all users' before..

If you update manually from a client the update works?

5. DennTren

It is simple that the state of all the users in the task is set to "Waiting".

As i have checked around the office this morning, some of the clients have already updated but this isnt shown in the console.

According to the console it havent had any contact with the clients since last friday even though most of the clients have been online since then.

It almost seems like the server isnt getting in touch with the clients every 5 min as its supposed too.

I have opened the ports needed on the system running the server, do i have to open them on all the clients as well?

6. DennTren

Ignore my previous post, i found the problem and im still kicking myself.

I pushed out a new configuration file as soon as each client got connected to the server but i had forgotten to set up the remote administrator port of the config so all the clients lost their IP and password settings.

Now that i have corrected this all the clients are shown as connected and up-to-date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.