ERAS 4.0.122 - Push Installation Bugs

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by EvilDave UK, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

Just had this issue confirmed as a bug by technical support. I'll post it here in case anyone else is having the same issue...

Trying to push ESET Packages to Windows 7 fails using 4.0.122:

Installations fail with Remote Registry Opening (even though Remote Registry Service is started). Installing manually using the same credentials works fine.

Uninstalling existing installations that are password protected fail. Here's what the MSI Installer Service says in Event Viewer:

"Product: ESET NOD32 Antivirus -- Error 5004. Enter a valid password to continue uninstallation."

The workaround here is to remove the password protection and retry the uninstallation again - which will succeed.

None of these issues are present on v3.1.15. I'd recommend sticking with v3.1.15 till this issue is fixed as the Push Installation side of things is totally useless to us at the moment.

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Interesting because I just did an installation and uninstallation for Windows 7 32-bit.

For the uninstallation, the uninstall package command line reference is different in the tips for the command line than in the Help. PASSWORD=password is shown in the "Show me command line options", but in the Help (and the one that works) is PASSWORD="password".

Using Server 2003 Standard Edition and version 4.0.122 of the ERAS/ERAC.

3. EvilDave UK

I'm using SBS 2008 x64.

It's funny how you mention the password tip. ESET Support didn't have any idea why this was happening when they remoted in. They failed to mention about the password tip, although I'm trying to install over the top - previously this has worked without having to do an uninstall, or enter any passwords manually.

I'm now back to using 3.1.15 and everything works. No plans to upgrade to 4.0.xxx till ESET get their act together and fix the bugs, and train their support staff before they release new versions of the software - the last thing I want to hear when I phone ESET Support when a new major version has been released is "I've not used this version before, but I'll try and help you anyway".

4. EvilDave UK

Still not fixed yet?

5. kocak_gober

kocak_gober Registered Member

We are waiting..

6. Fransb

Fransb Registered Member

im also waiting for a new version of the ERAS / ERAC ... its kinda annoying i need a 2003 Machine for Pushing to clients. it doesnt work on 2008.

thought they would fix this kinda fast but its like 1.5 month later now :-( i hope they release a bug fix soon.

7. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Both of my ERAS servers are running on Windows 2008 Server Standard 32-bit. Both can push installs of ESET 4.2.x to a Windows 7 machine without any problems. I have the ERAS service running under a Domain account instead of letting it run under the Local System or Network Service accounts....

8. Fransb

Fransb Registered Member

On a 2008 R2 64-bit i cant push....

9. rklarr

rklarr Registered Member

Changing the RA service logon account to domain admin fixed this for me. Win08/R2 server to XP clients.

10. Hawkes

Hawkes Registered Member

Hey everyone. I've been having similiar problems pushing from 2008 R2 (64) to XP clients. I've narrowed the diagnostic errors down to Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info): Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.).

How long should a push take to install before I should be concerned that it has failed? I have only a handful of clients and whether I do 3 machines or 1 machine, it seems to go on for longer than 20 minutes. Also, whether it's at night during off hours or during the day, network traffic is not an issue.

When I view the details of the push, the state is always stuck at ESET Installer Service successfully started.

I have the ESET Server service ERAS service is set to logon as administrator. I've been on the phone with ESET Support and he appeared to be stumped as well.

Any additional suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

-Hawkes

11. EvilDave UK

You running the latest build (4.0.136)? Since upgrading to this version I've not had any push-related issues. :) Worth a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.