ERAC - How to limit users disabling AV

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by cmsjamesh, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmsjamesh

cmsjamesh Registered Member

Hello,

Firstly we are using ERAC v.4.0.138.0 on MS Server 2003 (SP2).

I have found how via a policy to password protect the settings to prevent my end users from disabling the AV, now I know disabling the AV is a bad idea and negates to purpose of having it, but upper management feel some of the developers in house may need to temporally disable this to trouble shoot issues.

I have looked online and in this particular forum on how to enforce a time limit (e.g. Allowed to disable for 5mins before it is re-enabled) but are unable to find it in the policy manager.

Can Eset do this?

Thanks,

James

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You'll need to disable password protection for those clients.

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

create a new policy for just those developer machines - on those particular machines, don't have the password protection set. Once you copy the original policy and push it out, as soon as they check-in, the password protection will be dropped instantaneously.

4. cmsjamesh

cmsjamesh Registered Member

Thank you for the response.

I will have to do as suggested and have different policies for different containers.

You can mark this thread as resolved.

Thanks,

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.