ERAC does not find IPs

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by cmartell, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmartell

cmartell Registered Member

Hello Geniuses

I sure hope someone out there can help me. I am having trouble pushing out installions of NOD32 with the Remote Administrator Console. On the Remote Install tab I can see the computer name of the target but it does not show me the IP wich I believe is the problem. If I manually install NOD32 I will then see the IP in ERAC but not before. The error message I get is "Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 1203). I do not have any DNS issues on my network.
    • I can ping the target from the server and vice versa
    • RPC and Remote Registry services are running on the target
    • RPC Locater service is set to manual
    • Simple file sharing is disabled
    • File & Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks is enabled
    • Running net use \\servername\ipc$ from the command prompt on the target completes successfully
    • There is no firewall on the target or server
    • I tried upgrading to the latest version of ERAS and ERAC
    • I uninstalled then reinstalled and reconfigured ERAS
    • I know the credentials are good, I have tried many times.

I don't know what else to do. It did work in the past but hasn't for the last few months. If I manually install NOD32 on the target I will see the IP and I won't have any trouble managing the installation. Here is the error from the logs:
    [2011-01-27 14:02:00.014] V1 [4d41b8140000] [00000254] <RINSTALL_ERROR> Push install failed (1), agent '4E6D65D2-4B6E-4AA3-8CA2-E56B7FF17C8A', code 1, lasterror 0, action result 1203, action info 6

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

Possibly the local firewall blocking the outbound connection. On the client, verify that the Windows Firewall service is disabled (Start > Run > Services.msc). Also, please review the following ESET knowledgebase article. It is important that you confirm each step:

ESET Remote Administrator Push Installation Requirements and Checklist
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN82

3. cmartell

Thanks Tye. There are no firewalls anywhere and all of the cirteria in the link you supplied have been met.

4. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

The most common reason I've seen for failing push installs seems to be cause by the account that the ERAS is running under. Check the services on your server, if the ERAS service is running under SYSTEM, or NETWORK change it to run under a Domain Admin account and see if you have any better luck with the Push Installs.

5. cmartell

I removed NetBIOS and Wins from the network and it is working now. I don't know how that could have been a problem. I checked the Wins and DNS registrations and the IPs were the same so I don't know how ERAS couldn't find the IP. The only reason I had NetBIOS on my network in the first place is because the previous version of ERAS/ERAC required it. I'm happy to get rid of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.