ERA: User interface setting not changing in NOD32's preferences

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by dierseljk, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dierseljk

dierseljk Registered Member

Hi,

I've been trying to set the option "Display only notifications requiring user intervention" to Yes using ERA. I've tried this using a policy and by sending a new configuration.
    Every time i tried this and looked at NOD32 preferences on the client, the option remained unchecked, which first made me think that my policy was not working.

After i had taken a look at the settings in the XML file, i saw that the setting for the above is called "SilentMode".

So i did some experimenting with NOD32 settings on a client computer and exporting all settings. I found out that there are two SilentMode settings in the configuration file; ERA sets SilentMode for the profile "@My profile". NOD32 sets SilentMode in an XML-block called "CLIENT".

Can anyone tell me which "Display only notifications requiring user intervention" setting is used in NOD32 on a client when i set this option to Yes using ERA?

Note that the same thing happens with the "Display balloon tips in taskbar" option, only the other way around; you can disable this from ERA and it still shows up as enabled in NOD32's preferences.

Regards,
    Danny.

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

There's two things you need to think about when changing these settings. The first is to choose "Override user settings" (Or something like that, can't really be bothered to boot up my VM atm :) ).

The second, it sometimes takes a reboot for GUI settings to apply.

3. dierseljk

dierseljk Registered Member

Great, that did the trick! The option is actually called "Suppress user settings".
    I have set this option to "Yes" and restarted the workstation some time after it had reported its status to ERA.
    The user interface setting is now visible in NOD32's preferences on the workstation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.