ERA: Policy Manager: Error creating new policy (40032,0)

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by mladen, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mladen

mladen Registered Member

Hi,

I have tried to create a new policy (I haven't used this feature before), but it did not work. In the ERA Console I have clicked on Policy Manager->selected Default Parent policy (the same was with Server Policy as a child) and then pressed the button "Add New Child Policy" (with "Create empty policy configuration" option selected). After a few moments I received the error "ESET Remote Administrator Console: Error creating new policy (40032,0). Policy tree will be refreshed from server ..." and no policy was created. There was no information about this in any Windows Event logs.

ERA console and ERA server are the latest version 4.0.138, OS is Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2.

Why is this happening? What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Mladen

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi mladen,

So you can't create policies at all, right? If possible take a screen shot of the error and your Policy manager section.
    Was this a clean install or did you upgrade from some previous version?

Since it seems the policy files are corrupted, you will need to remove them (if any) and create again. If this can't be done via Policy manager, you can delete them manually from the "Policy" table in the database and restart the ERA service.

Hope this helps.

3. mladen

mladen Registered Member

Hi Tony,
    thank you for your message.
    The minute I saw your post I have tried again and now it is working. I did not do anything you said. The only thing which happened after my post a few days ago and my latest try was a new file in c:\program files\eset\eset NOD32 antivirus - em002_32.dat (size 28585 KB). Since I do believe this is an engine update maybe this triggered restart of ESET service on the server and made things working?
    Anyway, thanks :thumb:
    Regards,
    Mladen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.